LegacyGT.com

New stereo install with pics

idontknow

Thanks for the info.

Would any in-dash receiver work with the KOS-V500 or would I have to purchase a particular model? I see that you picked up the KOS-L702; I am looking for one that could allows me to hook up my iPhone.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any pics of the brain install? And what amp (s) are you running it to?

Sorry, I didn't take any pics of the brain. It's extremely easy to get to, so if I can find a minute I'll snap a couple.

The brain is feeding the Alpine F300 for the front and rear speakers and the M500 for the sub. I'm extremely happy with the setup, and would recommend both. FYI, I like sound systems that sound clean and clear INSIDE THE CAR no matter what volume they're at. This system isn't for those who want everybody in the neighboring 4 lanes of traffic to know they have an aftermarket sound system.

Thanks for the info.

Would any in-dash receiver work with the KOS-V500 or would I have to purchase a particular model? I see that you picked up the KOS-L702; I am looking for one that could allows me to hook up my iPhone.

If your in-dash receiver has RDS (radio-data-system, you know where it scrolls the radio station call sign and all that) you can use it. Else you'll need one of the interfaces. Make sure you double check me on this.

kenwoodusa.com

Okay, most of the PM's I've received lately are questions on how the stock head unit is wired to the V500. So, here's how it's done.

The V500 comes with a speaker wire adapter. The adapter is connected to the front and rear speaker outputs of the stock head unit. The adapter then plugs directly into the V500. Now the speaker outputs on the stock head unit feed directly into the V500. There is one little problem with this. When you turn the volume up on the stock head unit you increase the power of the signal fed to the V500. Which doesn't damage the unit, but does turn up the volume no matter how high you have the volume set on the V500. Don't worry, this is really easy to get around. NEVER TOUCH THE VOLUME ON THE STOCK HEAD UNIT!

It's not really that bad, like I said it's a little problem. Mostly passengers and spouses are the ones who have a hard time with the concept, but after a few hand slaps the problem goes away.

• 2 years later...

Archived