LegacyGT.com

Performance Shops Vendors hitting hard times ???

Just wondered how some of the vendors were holding up in these tough economic times.

I have heard rumors that some have gone out of business.

Do we have a list that shows what vendor's if any are no longer in business?

For example, if I wanted to buy somehting I would usually look at my previous purchases and check with those companies that I've had good luck with in the past. However, if some of them were out of business I would like to know.

Also when I am responding to older posts I want to know if I can send them a PM and expect a response.

For example, I sent a message to a vendor or two about getting some pricign on an odyssey and braile battery but never received a response.

What have you heard?

Times are tough. I would assume that aftermarket vehicle parts are not a necessity and a likely first cut for people who are holding onto their money.

Stick with the respected vendors and I'm sure you will have good results.

I have a different angle. My 05 Legacy has been stock since new. It is now out of my extended warranty and has 95K miles on it. I plan on keeping the car for another five years (partly due to the economic times). The car is paid for and in great shape- so its time to upgrade key parts- ACT Street clutch and LWFW, Springs, struts, sways, and LCA Bushings, Brakes, etc. I would even consider having the engine rebulit or new engine/transmission if needed- cheaper that a new car and I haven't grown tired of this model. The main problem is finding someone trustworthy and competent to perform the work that I cannot do myself (clutch, bushings, performance alignments, reasonably priced tire mount/balance, etc.) When I get the suspension dialed in, I'll probably continue the process with a few performance mods.

• 2 months later...

What happened to http://www.renickmotorsports.com/

The web page says undergoing maint.

Been that way for a couple days.

I purchased my borla catback exhaust from them back in 2006.

Wanted to possibly purchase another Borla Catback system...

They are not listed in the vendor area of this forum.

Were they ever a LGT vendor?

What happened to http://www.renickmotorsports.com/

The web page says undergoing maint.

Been that way for a couple days.

I purchased my borla catback exhaust from them back in 2006.

Wanted to possibly purchase another Borla Catback system...

They are not listed in the vendor area of this forum.

Were they ever a LGT vendor?

Never heard of them.

Don't believe they were ever a registered LGT forum vendor.

Just heard from a racing friend in Maryland. He said it seems like a lot of the domestic guy's are getting into turboing there car's, it's giving him more business. He's been a big guy in tuning turbo'ed Honda's the past few years. He's been working on installing twin turbo's on a GTO the past few weeks, say's he's been getting more and more call's lately.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived