LegacyGT.com

"Top Chef" discussion thread

joeleodee

Guest heightsgtltd
Hung is actually an excellent chef. Cocky bastard perhaps, but that doesn't mean he doesnt know his stuff

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm an episode behind so too early for me to tell who's good and who completely sucks. I usually can guage by the second or third episode at least two of the three that will compete in the finale. I'll post my guesses after a couple more episodes. Padma is still hot, though. I think we can all agree on that. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Alright

One of the two brothers is in strong contention for taking the title. The cute chick Jen is also in strong contention as well. She's a bit of a badass in the kitchen. My prediction is those three will be in the finals against each other, but Kevin is also showing some promise. Not much drama this season between the chefs this year, however. Seems to be a more professional group as compared to other years.

• 4 weeks later...
anyone else thinks this is like Miami Ink meets Top Chef?

Yeah. I guess that was the casting criteria.

I don't like this season. Watching these folks being dicks to one another reminds of my freshmen year of college. Grow up. And does anyone else think that the amount of profane language is ridiculous? I do my fair share of cursing, but every other sentence this season involves a sensor bleep. Gets kind of old after awhile. Maybe Top Chef has become the Real World.

• 8 months later...
Bump this up as the new season started a couple weeks back. I'm one episode behind. The wife called out the loser of the first episode right during introductions. Angelo is a dick, but seems like solid competition.

I use to be a fan until I found out they let them know every thing six weeks in advance including secret ingredients and such so the have six weeks to prepare there menu... Total act =( television these days laaaame.

I didn't know that. Do you have a source that verifies this? I'm not arguing that you're wrong, but this is the internet.

Nothing that i can just pop up on the internet. I know someone who was on one of those cake shows and they got to bake and frost the whole thing before they even got there and when they asked about top chef that was the response.

• 1 month later...
I watched Top Chef with my family tonight and we agreed that the judging tonight just plain sucked. That episode was so crappy I think that their Emmy nomination should be taken away. This is ridiculous. And every season you get an episode like this where you, the viewer, has no idea how the outcome was produced.

• 4 months later...
I'm annoyed that Casey was sent home. The person who was supposed to be preparing her dish while she was on the floor didn't do it and there were other crappy dishes too. I think that Antonia should have been sent home for not tending to Casey's dish.

• 4 weeks later...
I think in that episode, Jamie should have been sent home. She put forth 2 crappy dishes, hence I also learned by reading the small print on the screen that the producers have a say in who goes home more so than the judges. Figures that Bravo producers let the lesbian stick it out a bit longer. Did anybody see Casey in that sexy tight top while shopping? :wub:

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived