LegacyGT.com

"Top Chef" discussion thread

joeleodee

Yeah. I agree. Even during last weeks she looked dead. She completely gave up on filleting that fish. I would have shipped her off for just giving up!

I have to say that this week was difficult to judge. Leah had runny egg white with her dish. Some liked it and some didn't. Same with Hosea. Some loved it and some didn't. They person he cooked for praised it but yet in the bottom three. Not sure as to that challenge.

At least Leah is gone and off to the final 4.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed Top Chef yesterday and didn't want to check this thread unless it gave anything away. Carla has become a force to be reckoned with. I think both euros should have gone home giving Jeff the win, but whatever. Stefan is still in it only because his past record and his a$$hole attitude brings in good ratings. Otherwise, it would have been him and not Fabio.

Shall we take wagers on finals? My money is still on Stefan.

And the winner is....... No you will have to find out for yourself.

Carla has turned it around in the judges eyes. But she is still a little odd, Hootie! The Euros made for some good tv. But I think that there were a few too many pasta dishes. But we all love to do and make what we are good at.

Jeff gave it a good run but he was under the gun to have to win bot......OH No SPOLIERS here!

Stefan is full of him self, but it is whats on the plate that counts.

Carla is a different type of person. But we all are different.

I just had this desicion with a buddy about Carla's personality/cooking. And as I can only judge her cooking on what the judges say. She still comes off weird but how may times do you get to meet the Chef when you go out to eat?

TV can bring out the best in people. :eek: (Carla look alike)

Maybe it just took this long for us to "feel the love."

:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, her personality is not growing on me at all, but her performance has definitely improved. There were a couple times I thought she might have gotten sent off,but she slipped by. She has been pretty solid lately, however. same thing happen in season 3 with Casey (hotty :wub:). I thought she was there for eye candy at first, but she managed to prove a worthy competitor as time went by. Back to Carla, I don't think she has what it takes to beat Stephan. He will have to choke to lose which might actually happen. I do think Carla brings more to the table than Hosea, but they're pretty close. Finale should be interesting to say the least.

Guest heightsgtltd

Did you guys see that Colicchio is now doing Coke ads?

It's funny, the ad is making fun of weird food, and the stuff they are showing (utensils, etc.) is from this place called Alinea I ate at last year. IT was way weird, and way overrated.

Did you guys see that Colicchio is now doing Coke ads?

It's funny, the ad is making fun of weird food, and the stuff they are showing (utensils, etc.) is from this place called Alinea I ate at last year. IT was way weird, and way overrated.

I've actually heard of that place. Some stupid big-headed apprentices that used to work for me talked about how it was the $%^#@, but they never even ate there. I thought the same thing when I heard them talking and saw some pics.

Anyway, I was happy to see Casey back. She was looking as hot as ever. Too bad she had a hand in screwing up Carla's chances. When I saw Carla submitting to Casey's suggestions, I knew it was over for her.

Based on last night's episode, Hosea definitely deserved to win. Everything he put forward was solid. Stephan is more technically advanced due to his classic training, but like I've been saying, his creativity falls flat. That dessert had no direction at all and his first course, what was he thinking freezing that beautiful fish? I knew that would bite him in the a$$.

My favorite episode is coming up next week; the reunion episode. I always enjoy that one.

Anyway, I was happy to see Casey back. She was looking as hot as ever. Too bad she had a hand in screwing up Carla's chances. When I saw Carla submitting to Casey's suggestions, I knew it was over for her.

So well put you could see in Carla's eyes she was at a lose. And just followed Casey's lead. If you are fighting for total victory you run with what you know best. Casey was 100% correct to suggest things, but the Top Chef has the last word. Poor out come for Carla.

Hosea was sharp and cooked as he was meant to. I was very happy with the final out come.

But I have to throw out one quote from the night..."Rocco is Crazy":spin:

http://images.askmen.com/photos/padma-lakshmi/49418.jpg

Now this is a winning dish!!

http://xotic999.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

http://kannadagallery.oneindia.in/d/53266-2/padma-lakshm

• 4 weeks later...

You all have a point, it was not a good season for Top Chef. Has any one seen "Last Restaurant Standing" on BBC America? I find it to be a good show, a lot calmer then Top Chef. But it gives you a closer look on how a restaurant is run. For us none real chefs!

Hung = :icon_evil

I have not seen that one. Maybe I'll check that out.

I actually grew to respect Hung after the first half of the season. He got shot down enough times leading up to the end that he mellowed out. However, I don't think he had much competition so it was a rather easy win for him.

Archived