LegacyGT.com

"Top Chef" discussion thread

joeleodee

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean. I've been a fan of the show since season 1.

Every season has someone who stays on for a very long time, usually to the finals, who emerges as the token a$$hole(or bitch) of the group. The viewers love to hate this individual, therefore makes for good ratings. This year, I think that person is that bald euro dude named Stefan.

His jokes fell flat last show, that's for sure. His Euro attitude will be the death of him. How stupid is it when these folks leave frig doors open or otherwise screw up when it's not even a cooking error? Sheesh, even 8 year-olds learn to close the door.

I think that Stefan has a pretty good chance of winning. I don't think he's been in the bottom yet at all, and he is regularly in the top. that doesn't mean I like him, but he does put out good stuff.

You're right, though. His attitude is pitting everyone against him, maybe just enough to sabotage him.

Stefan was a big ahole again, no surprise there.

I don't think Arianne should have been sent home. They shoulda sent that worthless Leah home. They only keep her there b/c she and Hosea are getting it on and that's good for ratings.

Arianne did screw up that lamb, though, but Leah hasn't done anything but appear in the bottom or the middle all season. I really think the producers of the show have a say into who goes home.

Suscribe, I'm a huge fan.

I wish they woulda sent Leah home. Arianne deserved to stay. Leah has shown more than once that she isn't good, or at least not good under pressure. But yea, I was watching Leah and Hosea's love fest thinking oh this is good for ratings isn't it. Throw a little love drama in.

Of the two, I thought Radhika was the one to go and not Carla. The judges later didn't seem to be satisfied by her cake, but initially I thought they liked it.

Stefan is a tool..but he's good.

It comes down to personality.That being said Fabio and Carla are the type of people that you would want to patronize their restaurant simply because they seem like good people...and speaking of personality...the guest judge Conant,I believe was his name seemed like a 5 alarm A-hole.

Definatley a good season.Can't wait to see how it ends.

Restaurant wars always sends the losing chef home. Thats what happened last week. This past episode, Jeff, who I like, lost because he really hasnt been too promising in the past weeks. Fabio probably should have been sent home for hating on the venison, but I really think that in judges deliberation, they factor in past performance and ratings. The viewers love Fabio's accent and demeanor and he has shown some promise as a chef, therefore, they forgave such a ruthless mistake on his part. As for Carla's personality, she's too in-your-face for me, but just my opinion.

Stefan recorded his first flub-up the other day as well. I don't know why he picked on the least of all the Top Chef all stars to go against, but its funny that he lost. I lost alot of respect for him after that, but he'll still go to the finals.

I think the producers will milk the Leah/Hosea relationship for as long as they can. I still seems like a genuine reality show, however.

Yeah, Carla needs to calm down and have some dip. She is way to crazy for me as well. As for her cooking, it seems to be hit or miss. The thing about this show is it isn't "who can run a restaurant" but who can cook. Restaurant wars is one thing, but this competition is about cooking.

I like Hell's Kitchen b/c I like the way Ramsey Gordon berates all the contestants. It's just hilarious. Some of them should be anywhere near a kitchen but I think the producer puts them there for drama and some good *beep* *beep* *beep* on the show. :)

I have enough drama for now.....

Guest heightsgtltd

This season sucks.

No one is really very good IMHO.

Stefan is good, but not in relation to previous finalists. He is a journeyman, decent technician, but nowhere near as inspired as even Marcel.

I think the best contestant we've ever seen was Richard from last season. He choked at the end and Stephanie deserved the win, but overall I was most impressed by how dynamic of a chef he was. You're right, none of these chefs are really showing inspiration and the ones that did were overinspired and underskilled (Jeff and Eugene). I guess my favorite to win would be Fabio because he's cool, but he's found himself in the bottom quite a few times already, but he's also been at the top a few times, too.

BTW, I don't think Leah is very hot, but Casey from a few seasons back.....HOTTY! :wub:

...decent technician, but nowhere near as inspired as even Marcel.

Dude...Foam? I mean, really, foam and more foam? Yeah, Marcel is my first choice ... for my next school science lab partner.

I watched The Next Food Netword Star a few times and really liked Rory, the chick from Texas, and was hoping she would win.

Guest heightsgtltd

IF you like Next Food Network Star, then you and I are into VERY different kinds of food :spin:

Marcel may have overused foam, but have you had foods with foam when they are good? IT can be amazing, and even so hes light years ahead of anyone on this season.

He worked at a restaurant that these clowns could only dream of..

Marcel, again, was overinspired and underskilled. Keep in mind, though he made it to the finals, he only won 2 Quickfire Challenges and NO elimination challenges. If you look at the other seasons, the chefs who made it to the finals came with a better record than that.

Guest heightsgtltd

No one gets a job at Joel Robechon's restaurant if they can't cook. Same goes for Guy Savoy.

Marcel was a good chef. I'll say it again, Leah is the only peson this season who has a job at a good restaurant of note. I know it here in NYC

Okay, I'm now 99% sure that Top Chef judging is rigged based on what is best for ratings! There is no way Jamie should have gone home before Leah in the latest episode. Leah gave up in the quickfire and put forth a dish she had no idea how to execute in the elimination round and it showed in the results! The judges did not say anything positive about that dish. Jamie at least knew where she went wrong and at least the judges did comment that the fish was cooked properly. That's what was so shocking about the final deision. Leah has been skating by because of her drama with Hosea and that's it. Anyone disagree?

Guest heightsgtltd

This is what I have been saying...

BTW, lame ass Carla would never have gotten her stuff out if it wasn't for the ENTIRE group helping her plate, tec..

Stefan won again, but here's the thing. There are thousands of Chefs who are way better than he is cooking everyday. He is 35, so he has had many years to perfect technique but again, there's nothing original or inspirational about his cooking

Wifey and I were also shocked that Leah didn't get her walking papers this time. Jamie at least understood her dish and knew what she did wrong but didn't have time to fix it. Leah didn't even know exactly how to make her dish and didn't seem to even care. Good news is we won't have to see anymore scallops. :)

My guess is they want Leah around to continue the lame romance potential.... makes for better TV.

Man...I was torn. I really like Hosea and think he is the only one who could actually beat Stephan this season. I am shocked by his performance this week.

As for the judges decision, I think Hosea saved his ass by saying he understood that the fish needed to rest but I still though Leah was going home. Although, the facial expressions by the judges when they had Jamie's food was pretty bad.

Depending on how Leah acts this week I have a feeling she will be done.

Did anybody else notice that Leah looked relieved to be sent home? doesnt surprise me since she doesn't have the skill to carry on and she knows it. I think she was fed up with embarassing herself.

Also, conveniently for the producers, things seem to have cooled between her and Hosea. Coincidence that she finally got sent home? I think not.

Archived