LegacyGT.com

Muffler Question?

boostedsube

Don't get the Magnalow if you want Prodrive sound. You can buy most systems and put in a resonator or extra muffler if its too loud. I just put in an extra muffler (Magnaflow 4x9 oval) in the space where the 2nd cat used to be. Now my loud magnaflow system is perfect.

If I had to do it all over again I would have gone the prodrive route or gone custom all the way with a good exhaust shop recommended mufflers and custom work. My exhaust guy pointed out many system are put together with mass production in mind and don't take optimal routes or flow pattern. For the same # of money or even less a custom setup can be done.

Avo and Prodrive as far as i know are the only ones that have a discreet sound with minimal drone. They are both rather pricey once you find them especially since they are only mufflers but sound great.

Borlas have a rather subdued tone as well, Spt has an incredible sound but i am not sure if they have much drone in highway speeds. The next up would be megan racing quad tip setup, however the exhaust note is rather raspy.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Archived