LegacyGT.com

Whiteline KCA313 Kit Revision!

PeterJMC

The old revision isn't necessarily bad... From what I understand, it is a tolerance issue, and if you ball joint isn't staying seated then you will need to have it replaced.

Global Performance Parts is being very liberal about replacing these with the new revision. I doubt they will reimburse you installation fees though.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you start to get a clunk that you didn't have before.

According to his sale post the ones he was selling are the new ones.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2239559&postcount=5

Here are what they should have looked like. Just took them. My dog Kobe is modeling for you :)

You should be able to see the Whiteline lettering with them installed on your car. You might need to turn the wheel to full lock, pull the wheel off, or lift the front end enough so you can see under.

006.thumb.jpg.c2b3272ca694252294d4a86c1adcfd22.jpg

007.thumb.jpg.06d02a4e3e2ca52f8cbb1877abd73d5f.jpg

008.thumb.jpg.0dcc95cf6371c64aba650e863e9812ed.jpg

009.thumb.jpg.f2b92ff5a830559be68d81a79313f305.jpg

MOMSWGN just sold me a set of his he had extra. I was just going to come on the board and post about how much of an improvement the kit made on my handling and read this. I literally had it installed last night for 2 hours of labor + alignment.

IIRC from MOM's advert and his comment's/pictures, you have the new set with Whiteline engraved. No worries mate

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 month later...

Hopefully everyone affected knows about this, but just in case, I thought I'd bump it.

Just finished changing out my replacement parts. Upon inspection of the old parts, after exactly one year and 18,000 street miles later, everything looked fine.

Also, thought I'd add my 2 cents about Whiteline Customer Service...they were awesome and very responsive...thanks Judy! New parts arrived quickly and the tie rod ends look much beefier.

-SRX

Haven't installed yet. So if mine are silver and have the "WL65079" on them, BUT have WHITELINE etched on them and have greenish yellow boots, does that mean they're good or bad? I thought from the pdf that the good ones had blue wire and bright gold finish. Thanks.

Haven't installed yet. So if mine are silver and have the "WL65079" on them, BUT have WHITELINE etched on them and have greenish yellow boots, does that mean they're good or bad? I thought from the pdf that the good ones had blue wire and bright gold finish. Thanks.

Etched "WHITELINE" = new revised good not old version, use them...ones

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2302593&postcount=30

~Sucka-Duck~

I talked with Whiteline today and they said they tried to clean out all the old ones a few months back. All that to say is I think you'll get new ones. As noted, just make sure they have "WL65079" stamped on the bottom and "WHITELINE 65079" stamped on the side (see pic).

524967279_WhitelineCA313_1--newmodel.jpg.2a47261f737fb8f6dcbcc00662104cde.jpg

• 11 months later...

I just learned today from the Subaru dealer that my right front Whiteline ball joint is bad and not seating properly ( hence the slight "clunk"). I bought my kit from Ferdi @ SouthCoast Performance in Costa Mesa when I lived in CA in 12/08. I have been to the Whiteline website to try and open the "contact us" link but after I open it and the click on Sales to try and request at the very least a new right front ball joint the link does not seem to work. I have looked at my ball joint dust covers and they are definitely the bright yellow ones, not the "yellow with the opacity" ones which I believe after reading this thread are supposed to be the new revised ones. Do I just contact South Coast where I purchased them or do I need to hit up Whiteline directly?

Thanks

I just learned today from the Subaru dealer that my right front Whiteline ball joint is bad and not seating properly ( hence the slight "clunk"). I bought my kit from Ferdi @ SouthCoast Performance in Costa Mesa when I lived in CA in 12/08. I have been to the Whiteline website to try and open the "contact us" link but after I open it and the click on Sales to try and request at the very least a new right front ball joint the link does not seem to work. I have looked at my ball joint dust covers and they are definitely the bright yellow ones, not the "yellow with the opacity" ones which I believe after reading this thread are supposed to be the new revised ones. Do I just contact South Coast where I purchased them or do I need to hit up Whiteline directly?

Thanks

You can try either of the options mentioned above. I had little luck contacting Whiteline when my dust cover ripped. I was fortunate that Jeremy at Fred Beans was able to contact his supplier and get the situation resolved for me. You can try giving Jeremy a call- he may be able to help you out.

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i just had mine installed this past weekend and so far no issues, i had the old one. I used new knuckles and the balljoint seemed really smug in it's spot, even without tightening the pinch bolt. So far so good, just some knocking that was there even before the install.

Archived