LegacyGT.com

Good tuner in NY?

GP2001

quite true.

I'll still stay here and come visit (though with subzero temps, it's starting to really suck here). Jarrad will be up here soon enough and I'll be talking to Rob for another race map come May. :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Thanks guys, do I have to buy an accesport or is there anyone that can just tune it with whatever software they have?

Edit: Oh and I feel retarded about the rich/lean comment I made, thats what I guess for trusting what other people say more than myself. Someone told me they were replacing their aftermarket intake with a stock one to help lean their car out. I thought it would run more rich like that, but he said it wouldnt it would be leaner. Oh well, live and learn, i need to stop second guessing myself.

________

DRUG REHAB FORUMS

Go in & talk to the tuners & see what they have to say. You obviously don't have enough information on this. You should also read up on here. There's alot of good info out there
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Go in & talk to the tuners & see what they have to say. You obviously don't have enough information on this. You should also read up on here. There's alot of good info out there

Clearly, hence why I am asking questions :D I read whenever I can, but as you know, there is a TON of info on here, much of it contradicts other things I will read. Wish I had more time to just sit and read for hours, but I am pretty busy, def trying to do it more though. I am just going to start out fresh with an accesport as my first mod. As much as I was going to try to avoid it, it appears to be a necessity and great gain, I want to do things right I refuse to half ass my car or have it run poorly. This car is very different than any other cars I am familiar with, so I am "re-learning" how to properly mod. I appreciate everyones help, thanks!

Just watch Nasioc...

As strange as it sounds I have seen roms from tuners who are flawless with tuning the STi/WRX platform look like they were completely clueless when they tuned the LGT. Just an FYI, get their experience with LGT's not just Subies ;)

Just watch Nasioc...

As strange as it sounds I have seen roms from tuners who are flawless with tuning the STi/WRX platform look like they were completely clueless when they tuned the LGT. Just an FYI, get their experience with LGT's not just Subies ;)

Nasioc is actually where I was told it was OK to run an intake without a tune :confused: I think I am going to stick to here for most of my info, instead of trying to sort what is compatible between the different models and what isn't. Once I know more I will, but this is a whole new thing to me, I feel like such a noob all over again:spin:lol Again thanks for all your help guys, I'd be lost without this place.

Nasioc is actually where I was told it was OK to run an intake without a tune :confused: I think I am going to stick to here for most of my info, instead of trying to sort what is compatible between the different models and what isn't.

Exactly that is what I meant, Nasioc at times can be a wonderful source of information if you search old threads and down right horrible if you post questions.

So I have decided to definitely get an accessport, however I can't find any good threads that really explain much about them. Could you guys maybe throw some links my way with some good info pertaining to the accessport and mostly the different applications and differences between the different models. I was looking to find the differences between V1 and V2 as well. From what I get V2 is compatible with manual or auto, V1 is manual and auto specifiv. V2 SUB 002 is for 05 Legacy GT / Spec B, V2 SUB 003 is for 07-09 Legacy GT. V2 SUB 002 w/ CAN makes it compatible with an 07-09? Please correct me if I am wrong here, or just throw threads at me. I searched but didnt find much.

Have you thought about open source tuning? That way you can save the my of buying a AP and put that money toward parts and a tune. If you have a laptop and buy a $80 cable you can flash and datalog your car. The tuner I used road tuned my stock turbo stage 2 setup w/ FMIC and got me hitting @18.5 psi by 2800 rpms and getting 277whp. And then E-tuned my 20g w/ EWg setup and I getting about 340whp and runs great witout pulling timing.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/05_LGT_Wagon_FP_20g_EWG1.jpg

And explained my datalogs after each tune. To show me why my tune is safe. No other tuner I Whoever tunes your car make sure you datalog it afterward. I had a had a tune from another well known "pro tuner" and I dataloged my car I was pulling 7deg. of timing on a "safe tune". The ECU can only pull 7 to protect the motor. Protect yourself, spend the $80 and datalog your car.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I think it just came out. I talked to infamous1 about it. He said that it just has extra tables but, it is pretty much the same and not a problem.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Have you thought about open source tuning? That way you can save the my of buying a AP and put that money toward parts and a tune. If you have a laptop and buy a $80 cable you can flash and datalog your car. To show me why my tune is safe. No other tuner I Whoever tunes your car make sure you datalog it afterward. I had a had a tune from another well known "pro tuner" and I dataloged my car I was pulling 7deg. of timing on a "safe tune". The ECU can only pull 7 to protect the motor. Protect yourself, spend the $80 and datalog your car.

Although I can appreciate your statement, your blanketing "All tuners" which is incorrect.

For starters, not all tuners tune the way you have experienced in the past, some know what they are doing, some don't. As for saying that "No other tuner makes you data log your car after" is a weird statement. Most people, after they pay for a tune, want to trust that they don't have to worry about that car after the tune. 99% of my customers have no interest in data logging their car, they come to us because they know they can trust what we are doing to the car.

As for saying the Legacy can only pull 7* of timing, that is incorrect, it has the authority to pull up to 11.75*, and that can be modified based on the Calibrators preference. Also, depending how good the calibrator is, you can make the car datalog PERFECT and the car could still be knocking. I can't tell you how many times I have seen cars come in with a "Dumbed down" tune because the person who tuned the car knew the owner was going to datalog it. Deception is evil, and it's done more than you can imagine.

Lastly, the Accessport is a great tool for those who do not have the ability to get a laptop and cable and want to drive around with all that in the car. The new Firmware can datalog, and read live variables including knock correction. Is it as good as running a full blown datalogger in the car? No, ofcourse not, but it displays enough information to the owner to let him know if things are going wrong.

Again, I have nothing agains the person who is more able to tuner/log his own car, but the reality is that most people don't want to do that, they just want to drive the car without having to worry about anything.

- Chris

I meant to say about @12deg. I was typing on my phone and made a typos and I guess didn't proof read.:)

I made sure not to say any tuner name or say all. I have not of any tuner that gives you datalogs. They try to make tuning seem like magic or a secret that only few own. Just like some IT guys do with computers. I just want people to arm themselves with knowledge and know what is going on with there cars.

I come from a N/A back round ('60 Muscle car modding and building small and big block pre-computers) and I'm new to turbo. I'm not afraid to say I don't know and pay an "expert" to do the work. But as I started to think something was wrong and did more research and finally datalog my car I was pissed. If you call a tune Conservative it should not pulling @about 60% of the 12deg cushion the computer has to protect the motor. They never give the customer the choice and just send them on there way. I have also seen tuners tune customers cars to a 12.5 afr just to get the most power out of the car to look good on a dyno chart. But, most in cali think that is too lean for our cheap gas. I just think tuning should be more transparent. Not give your secrets away but, let the customer know what they are getting into and let them choose to tune their car very aggressive.

With my stock turbo, stg2 TBE, and FMIC I was able to get 277whp and wouldn't pull more then 1 or 2 deg if it ever did pull timing. With my 20g and EWG I may pull 1 deg on datalogs. I'm hitting about 20psi at about 3400 rpms and holding it all the way to 7000rpms and hitting load as high as 3.41 and maf volt as high 4.86 and putting out around 330-340whp on cheap 91 pumps. So there is no reason for a Conservative stage 2 tune should pull 7deg. All power is not good power if you have to use a car as a DD. Would you rather had a 12deg cushion or a 4deg? That is all I'm saying.

Archived