LegacyGT.com

Hey I'd try them. Not too many mod's for the 3.0 As you say 15 HP is nice for under $300

Let's see the dyno sheets for some proof, eh? With the availability of dyno time/info, there is no reason not to have this information posted with the product. That is a fair amount of money to pay for someone's estimate. Sorry for being pessemistic(sp?), but I have seen too much 'snake oil' in my days. Granted, I am not a 3.0L owner, so I don't have any real stake in this.

Also, it has been proven many, many times that port matching to the gaskets isn't always the best thing to do. Consider the fact that the head ports are also likely smaller than the gasket. So, if you port to the gasket on the manifold side, you are now creating a step as the flow moves from the head to the manifold. This sudden volume increase/sharp step creates a sudden drop in pressure, which reduces flow velocity and creates turbulance. None of which is 'good' for a HP increase. Now smooting out the manifold runners, with say an ExtrudeHone process and ceramic thermal barrier is a good thing.

I am not trying to throw darts here or knock down someone's product, just trying to raise awareness and get folks to look more objectively at a "too cheap to be true" type product/service. YMMV.

That whole ad is odd to me. All the "spool" talk and "boxer rumble" doesn't apply, at least to my 09 3.0R. My stock headers look great, which is equal length, three into two into one. Relatively big pipes. I cannot believe anything they are going to do is going to improve what is already there.

Like rao said, let it go. And even if it made 20 more whp, so what, big deal, woo woo. Want to talk horsepower get another car. This one has enough to do any legal job you give it, and more.

I will say, this 3.0R is one sweet sounding engine. I would like to hear the exotic exhaust note more.... if it didn't include making it louder :lol:. And I'd like to see it lower, if it didn't include messing with the inverted Bilsteins or compromising the ride or ground clearance :lol:. Nope, this car is perfect just the way it is.

That whole ad is odd to me. All the "spool" talk and "boxer rumble" doesn't apply, at least to my 09 3.0R. My stock headers look great, which is equal length, three into two into one. Relatively big pipes. I cannot believe anything they are going to do is going to improve what is already there.

Like rao said, let it go. And even if it made 20 more whp, so what, big deal, woo woo. Want to talk horsepower get another car. This one has enough to do any legal job you give it, and more.

I will say, this 3.0R is one sweet sounding engine. I would like to hear the exotic exhaust note more.... if it didn't include making it louder :lol:. And I'd like to see it lower, if it didn't include messing with the inverted Bilsteins or compromising the ride or ground clearance :lol:. Nope, this car is perfect just the way it is.

Are you trying to convince us or someone else?;)

Jeff, do you have an automatic transmission? romraider supports the 2009 Legacy 3.0R with automatic transmission. It would be interesting to see some datalogs of it. You should be able to just use a $15 vagcom cable.

Does it have two front O2 sensors?

Jeff, do you have an automatic transmission? romraider supports the 2009 Legacy 3.0R with automatic transmission. It would be interesting to see some datalogs of it. You should be able to just use a $15 vagcom cable.

Does it have two front O2 sensors?

All 09 (and I believe 08) 3.0R Legacys have the 2nd gen 5EAT. I still have a Tactrix cable and intend to datalog the car when I can. Good question on the sensors, I'll have to check.... can I assume you asked that because of the long distance between the cylinder banks? I also have Dynolicious on my iPhone so sooner or later I'll have some of that data, too.

I've had little time to objectively evaluate this car's performance. Since picking it up the weather here has been extraordinarily wet, and now the constant rain is forecast (:rolleyes:) to change to ice and snow. I kept the car in the garage for two days because I didn't want to ruin its pristine showroom perfect look :lol:. It had been made on 8-08, taken off the truck and put in the showroom where it sat until I got it. It had never seen rain. I got over it this past weekend and took it for a trip in the rain.

FWIW, this 5EAT combined with this motor makes the car's operation almost turbine-like. Leaving the line almost always startles me when I give it much gas as it does so quicker than the LGT. I've passed two cars now, on wet back country roads, and I was, in fact, surprised at how quickly it happened. It is easy to drive sedately, the Si drive helps. But put it in S and it is a "normal" car, while putting it in S# definitely makes it act aggressively. FWIW, I got 26.2mpg for the weekend trip. I could have done better but I was "testing" :lol:.

To continue, I have extensively sought out information on the 3.0R, a relatively new motor, and the one Jeff Perrin used for his well-known turbo project. There now has been a number turbocharged, by various people. Unfortunately, however, the entry fees for playing in that league are enormous.

No, I meant it, the car is great just the way it is, really. I hate looking at it's height when I look through eyes accustomed to my modified 05 LGT, but I'm not touching the Bilsteins. Plus, I really do love the suspension from the driver's seat. Power? Enough and more, again, really. And but for the volume, the exhaust sound cannot be improved, it has the best exhaust note of any car I've owned. You almost have to drive one to understand. This is my fifth Legacy, and the best. The interior, the sound system, the engine, the controls!, the suspension, the paint and fit and finish all combine to confirm Subaru's placement of it as the top of the Subaru line.

All that said, I still want to know its "numbers." ;)

My stock headers look great, which is equal length, three into two into one. Relatively big pipes. I cannot believe anything they are going to do is going to improve what is already there.

I have some seriously inspection/mod data from EZ30R Stock headers and they realy SUCKS!!!! all under those metal shells are bullshit, thats my opinion!!!

With charged systems you have to do some seriously mods to stock headers or your exhaust pressure gona kill your horsepowers...

I have only stock primarys left, collectors + ( No Cats ) all rest of exhaust are replaced to hi-flow system... ( I still hate those primarys ;) )

Best way to get more power is to change whole exhaust for better but It gona cost a lot $$$

Well life is...

All 09 (and I believe 08) 3.0R Legacys have the 2nd gen 5EAT. I still have a Tactrix cable and intend to datalog the car when I can. Good question on the sensors, I'll have to check.... can I assume you asked that because of the long distance between the cylinder banks? I also have Dynolicious on my iPhone so sooner or later I'll have some of that data, too.

I've had little time to objectively evaluate this car's performance. Since picking it up the weather here has been extraordinarily wet, and now the constant rain is forecast (:rolleyes:) to change to ice and snow. I kept the car in the garage for two days because I didn't want to ruin its pristine showroom perfect look :lol:. It had been made on 8-08, taken off the truck and put in the showroom where it sat until I got it. It had never seen rain. I got over it this past weekend and took it for a trip in the rain.

FWIW, this 5EAT combined with this motor makes the car's operation almost turbine-like. Leaving the line almost always startles me when I give it much gas as it does so quicker than the LGT. I've passed two cars now, on wet back country roads, and I was, in fact, surprised at how quickly it happened. It is easy to drive sedately, the Si drive helps. But put it in S and it is a "normal" car, while putting it in S# definitely makes it act aggressively. FWIW, I got 26.2mpg for the weekend trip. I could have done better but I was "testing" :lol:.

To continue, I have extensively sought out information on the 3.0R, a relatively new motor, and the one Jeff Perrin used for his well-known turbo project. There now has been a number turbocharged, by various people. Unfortunately, however, the entry fees for playing in that league are enormous.

No, I meant it, the car is great just the way it is, really. I hate looking at it's height when I look through eyes accustomed to my modified 05 LGT, but I'm not touching the Bilsteins. Plus, I really do love the suspension from the driver's seat. Power? Enough and more, again, really. And but for the volume, the exhaust sound cannot be improved, it has the best exhaust note of any car I've owned. You almost have to drive one to understand. This is my fifth Legacy, and the best. The interior, the sound system, the engine, the controls!, the suspension, the paint and fit and finish all combine to confirm Subaru's placement of it as the top of the Subaru line.

All that said, I still want to know its "numbers." ;)

You know you're going to have to change your title to 'finally satisfied' and name to Sawwwwya. Throw up some picks when you get a chance...

You know you're going to have to change your title to 'finally satisfied' and name to Sawwwwya. Throw up some picks when you get a chance...

:lol: You have a good point there.

As soon as it stops raining, sleeting and whatever I'll be taking some pics. As for "finally satisfied," remember, I've only had this car for less than two weeks.

IIRC, the H6 engines have two front O2 sensors. The ecu uses both of them to adjust each bank. There's a AFR correction #1 and AFR correction #2.

I'm interested in seeing how the ecu works on a 3.0R. Just plain curious.

Also, does it have AVLS? Is it adjustable?

IIRC, the H6 engines have two front O2 sensors. The ecu uses both of them to adjust each bank. There's a AFR correction #1 and AFR correction #2.

I'm interested in seeing how the ecu works on a 3.0R. Just plain curious.

Also, does it have AVLS? Is it adjustable?

AVCS and AVLS, but I have no idea, yet, what's going on in there.

I find the idea of independent AFR control for each bank intriguing. Could you make me aware of the data you are referencing? I'd like to know as much as I can about this thing. Can I assume RomRaider 0.5.1b is all I'll need?

I know zero about CAN-bus, can I download a ROM image using my Tactrix... somewhere I remember a new driver? is needed? I've had the cable over a year now. If/when I can do that I'll send you a copy. PM if you need.

You won't be able to download or flash your ecu with your current cable. The only thing you can do is datalog.

Bummer! Well, at least it is partially useful. What do I need for the rest? Or, point me to where I can become up to date here.

Knowing how one's car works isn't modding, right? :lol:

How about bushings......

Well, since you already own the tactrix cable, how about getting us some logs?

1. Update your romraider ecu logger defs.

2. Install latest version of learning viewer.

3. Run learning viewer and post a .csv from learning viewer.

4. Open up romraider logger when it is connected to the car (and car is on) and take a screenshot of all the available parameters.

5. Do some logs (I'll ask for some parameters based upon item #4).

Well, since you already own the tactrix cable, how about getting us some logs?

1. Update your romraider ecu logger defs.

2. Install latest version of learning viewer.

3. Run learning viewer and post a .csv from learning viewer.

4. Open up romraider logger when it is connected to the car (and car is on) and take a screenshot of all the available parameters.

5. Do some logs (I'll ask for some parameters based upon item #4).

I apologize for continuing to take this OT............

Mickey, is this the cable I need? http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZUSBQ20KKLQ20VagQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

That cable is only good for datalogging which won't help you since you already own a Tactrix 1.3 cable. You can use your Tactrix 1.3 cable for datalogging.

In order to tune your car, you need this.

http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=OpenPort2

5% discount code is romraider.

However, tuning a 3.0L engine will probably net very small gains unless you are adjusting the tune for some physical hardware changes (like a supercharger).

That cable is only good for datalogging which won't help you since you already own a Tactrix 1.3 cable. You can use your Tactrix 1.3 cable for datalogging.

In order to tune your car, you need this.

http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=OpenPort2

5% discount code is romraider.

However, tuning a 3.0L engine will probably net very small gains unless you are adjusting the tune for some physical hardware changes (like a supercharger).

Thanks, I'm ordering that.

Out of the same curiosity you mentioned, I'd really like to look into, and explore, the 3.0R ECU.... all that AVCS and AVLS stuff, those individual bank AFR controls you mentioned, and what else goes on....

In a way too bad this car will have such a short production span and small numbers, a supercharger would have been a nice option.

• 1 month later...

In a way too bad this car will have such a short production span and small numbers, a supercharger would have been a nice option.

^^^^ My sentiments exactly, regarding my 3.0 Tribeca. Not enough numbers out there for aftermarket suppliers to jump in.

Cobb parted out their supercharged '06 Tribeca due to lack of demand.

Archived