LegacyGT.com

Welding Hi flow cat after megan racing downpipe

Rob1218

I’m at stage 2 with Megan racing downpipe, and I don't like smell of the cat less exhaust, every time car stops I can smell exhaust fumes, not a lot just enough to bother me. I’m going to buy Borla CBE and I’m thinking of welding 3” hi flow cat right after downpipe, something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Magnaflow-Catalytic-Hi-Flow-Cat-Converter-94109-NEW_W0QQitemZ170290719945QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33629QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would that work with stage 2 tune, and do you know if anybody has done it.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone actually gone through with this on their Megan downpipe? I want to do the same thing...

Which section did you weld it into?

Did you use the original O2 bung on the MR DP?

What brand/model cat you used? (they all seem to be too long to fit)

Any pics???

Thanks!

Well i know you already ordered BUT you could have simply covered up the vent in the tire well and side areas of the trunk with dyna-Mat or plain duct tape to keep the smell out. Yes they are designed so the doors shut properly every time but with the vents covered they still work fine.

Well i know you already ordered BUT you could have simply covered up the vent in the tire well and side areas of the trunk with dyna-Mat or plain duct tape to keep the smell out. Yes they are designed so the doors shut properly every time but with the vents covered they still work fine.

GTTuner - is this what you were referring to or were you thinking of something else? for me, yeah emissions/smell/peace of mind...

GTTuner - is this what you were referring to or were you thinking of something else? for me, yeah emissions/smell/peace of mind...

Yes, exactly. I get no smell at all unless I shut it off and walk around the rear of the car. This saved me because I was getting CO poisioning antime a window was open. I have not gotten a whiff since I closed up the trunk exhauster vents. There was speculation about heater performance suffering but I have not noticed any difference.

to the OP, your going to weld a 3" cat into the borla system thats only 2.5"? If anything i would leave the borla CBE alone and weld the MR DP since its MUCH less expensive. Id rather hack the shitty part then a well crafted part. Also the borla CBE has a resonator in it alreay so there wouldnt me much room to weld a cat right after the DP.

Archived