LegacyGT.com

Modified Cobb Downpipe Exit Flange - MUCH BETTER!!!

ClimberDHexMods

I had the guys at a local custom exhausts shop make me a great custom pipe:

• Cobb Catless Downpipe with last ~7in. cut off
  • Magnaflow 59959 High Flow Cat (Metallic, very high flow)
  • 3" 2-bolt Vibrant Flange
  • 2 extra bungs (1 for Wideband, 1 for O2 sensor BEHIND the cat)

Benefit:

• longer-lasting, perhaps slightly better flow cat than Cobb catted (debatable, but I think it's true)
  • Removal of 3" to 2.5" funnel at exit flange (30% reduction in area is restrictive). This is because I have a 3" aftermarket CBE.
  • Slightly quicker spool, since cat is as far down the downpipe as possible (very little difference though).

Result of going from stock DP to Cobb custom catted:

• Noticeable louder
  • Optimum catted Stage 2

PICTURES:

Include the new cat and flange, and the location of the wideband's future location.

Thanks to the LGT community. This is my first "new content" post.

1645841791_DecCarWeekend006.thumb.jpg.09385a504a813022b716c10041e7f2af.jpg

614530628_DecCarWeekend008.thumb.jpg.e432fe9e224fe70aa1fda74714bf8790.jpg

2103636964_DecCarWeekend009.thumb.jpg.282c7f8e3a239a53285965e2431517a0.jpg

1795548732_DecCarWeekend011.thumb.jpg.8acbb51b45df2fda43548e1e8668392d.jpg

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Very cool!

I hope to get that 2.5 reduction taken out in my Cobb DP soon. Probably won't happen until after the new year for me though.

What kind of Catback system did you pick up?

Did you have the catback on the car already before you had the cat installed and reduction removed?

Very cool!

I hope to get that 2.5 reduction taken out in my Cobb DP soon. Probably won't happen until after the new year for me though.

What kind of Catback system did you pick up?

Did you have the catback on the car already before you had the cat installed and reduction removed?

Thanks. I had an Autospeed on before this install.

It's hard to get the rotation orientation of the new 3" flange exactly right on the pipe if it's not already installed and paired up with the midpipe flange. They can weld it in with it bolted up.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Thanks. I had an Autospeed on before this install.

It's hard to get the rotation orientation of the new 3" flange exactly right on the pipe if it's not already installed and paired up with the midpipe flange. They can weld it in with it bolted up.

So there is a big noticable difference in sound with just removing the 2.5 reduction?

So there is a big noticable difference in sound with just removing the 2.5 reduction?

It's louder mostly from swopping out the stock DP, which suppresses sound some. I imagine removing the reduction does little for sound, but does a lot more for show.

To clarify, my exhaust note went from Loud! to LOUD! if that makes any sense...

• 2 weeks later...
For anyone else that's doing this, and wants this cat, check out www.performancepeddler.com for the Magnaflow cat.

I just purchased one this morning for under $70 shipped (they have free shipping).

WOW, I paid too much...

Archived