LegacyGT.com

First oil change - '09 Spec B

^oil bukkake :lol::lol: eeeew!

I put one on the Legacy and one on the Impreza (both with nipples!!) and I love 'em. Well not literally, but almost!

PS the Solo disposable plastic cup around the oil filter trick is the icing on this oil changing cake by the way.

Here's the questions to ask yourself before deciding on when to do your first oil change:

1. Do you plan on owning the car past 75-100k?

2. Does this particular model have an existing fanbase of people who report problems that may involve lubrication during a period of time you intend to own the car?

For my LGT, the answer was Yes and Yes. There are enough instances of turbo failure at 50-90k that it does indeed seem to be a car where nutty oil change regimens may help in the long run.

If I had to do it again, I'd have switched my first oil change at 1000 miles to a 10w40 dino oil. Then at 3000 I would switch to a quality 5w30, 10w30, or 5w40 synthetic (depending on ambient conditions).

I do 3750 mile oil changes due to the manufacturer requirements....I use Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 because I plan to keep the car longer than the manufacturer intends to warranty it.

Joe

Archived