LegacyGT.com

2005 Limited GT Wagon, good buy for $17k ?

tbssubaru

just sold my 1996 legacy wagon and looking at a 2005 gt wagon with 38k miles, auto trans, silver exterior, black leather interior, i have the dealer's 'final offer' at $17,100 , the car is in excellent shape inside and out with a brand new set of potenzas, what do you folks think about the price?

I went from a 97 lgt to an 05 WRX and finally settled on an 05 LGT silver wagon with black leather interior (Limited version) 5 mt . paid 18,000 one year ago but prices have dropped quite a bit. IF the car has low miles (40,000 or less). it may be a decent buy. However, you can probably do better as the auto's are much easier to find. Finding one at that milage may be difficult. If you have to travel to buy one it will add cost (I brought one down from pennsylvania to Fla). You will be happy with the modern legacy, it is miles ahead of the older versions . I went from the Loyale to 3 leggy's and this one is it for me.

• 3 weeks later...

from my recent used car shopping search, here are the "final deals" that i was offered

05's go for 15k

06's for 17k

07's for 18.5k

08's for 20k

Have you checked with other dealers and make them bid against each other?

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
just sold my 1996 legacy wagon and looking at a 2005 gt wagon with 38k miles, auto trans, silver exterior, black leather interior, i have the dealer's 'final offer' at $17,100 , the car is in excellent shape inside and out with a brand new set of potenzas, what do you folks think about the price?

You should be able to get a better deal than that. As for the the Bridgestone's tell them to give you the car with no tires and give you a better deal, because the potenzas are terrible and over priced big time.

i purchased the same year, color, and options, 45 days ago for $16,400 , car had 38k and brand new tires ,,, i had 3 final offers from the dealer until we got to that price but on my last go around with them i flat out told them i wasn't going any higher, wrote my name and number down on a piece of paper and told them to call me when/if they changed their price ,,, you have to be willing to chance losing it to someone else to get the best deal ,,,, are they offering any warranty on the car at $17,100 ?

Archived