LegacyGT.com

Strange thing I've noticed...

lepich

cal id aka ROM id - yours is 510C. Unless Cobb did something funky with the "back to stock" map (if this is a version 1 AP), which I doubt, I would log requested torque and target throttle plate position and try to reproduce the issue. That would give the most information (log along with accelerator pedal %, throttle %, RPM).

You can PM your rom to me at romraider site and I can see if there's anything funky about it.

Actually, I can't find most of this coulmns on roamraider.. last definitions updated.

NSFW, where did you get them?

Are you connected to the car when you loof for the logging parameters?

For many of them you need to be.

^^Yes, I do..

Ok, I've got this again. Attched screenshot.

Looks like this is a tune issue, as requested TQ jumped low. Am I right?

Merchgod, going to PM you my map.

However, on my post #10 on this thread you'll see requested tq map and throttle.. they look normal!

Somehow it is related to WOT and low RPM for a given gear..

got_it.thumb.jpg.8466f1cf783b583653fcae8150332332.jpg

There are no bad people, just differeent.

Looked at the ROM - nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing even remotely tune related would be using requested torque values outside the normal max range of the stock tune. There is no need to do this - you can accomplish the identical throttle mapping by keeping the max req. torque at the stock max (320), tuning both the req. torque map and target throttle plate pos map. What I'm thinking is that there may be some threshold that is triggered that may be causing this behavior with the larger req. torque values under certain conditions. Probably not, though, but to rule it out, try flashing the stock req. torque map.

Other than that, try logging these switches "ban of torque down" and "Request torque down VDC". I have not messed with the logic behind these, but it would be interesting to see if they are involved. Switches are in a separate box below the parameters in RR's logger.

The DBW stuff is extremely hard to follow, but with more data, I might be able to determine what is happening here. You do not have a CEL right now, do you?

Well, those tables look OK, so it isn't tune related. I would find it hard to believe that it is something related to the factory tune (like the wgdc "freeze") as someone else would have already noticed this long ago.

Several people have reported this kind of thing in the past; if you search for "stutter" or "studder" on this site you'll get plenty of hits. Subaru has been completely clueless about it...

I've said more than once that someone needs to log this to figure it out, and I'm stoked that it's finally happening. My car has never exhibited this behavior but it's a pretty common complaint.

Ok, if this is a stutter, it can be fixed by tune. At least this what people say here. For me it start happening after particular tune chnage, i've moved from TA AP tune to OP.

I've just loaded stock requested torque table, will see how it will go tomorrow.

Several people have reported this kind of thing in the past; if you search for "stutter" or "studder" on this site you'll get plenty of hits. Subaru has been completely clueless about it...

I've said more than once that someone needs to log this to figure it out, and I'm stoked that it's finally happening. My car has never exhibited this behavior but it's a pretty common complaint.

Yes, I've heard about the stutter on the LGTs. However, when you think of the number of LGT tunes that MickeyD alone has helped people with and the number of data logs that have been poured over in those cases, I find it hard to believe that this would have never been noticed before. Which means there's something unique about this particular case. Could be the requested torque max values over stock (although I doubt it, but worth a shot). Another possiblity is that most OS tuners update their ROM revision to the latest for the 05 when tuning (A2WC521C in the case for the AT). Perhaps it is something that Subaru fixed in the later ROM revisions, so that would also be worth a shot (transferring the tune over to the 521C and flashing). That would introduce the WGDC ramping issue, but that is completely fixable in RomRaider.

Quick update: I do not have this studder or whatewer it was anymore. Looks like somehow higher then stock requested TQ caused such behavior on a low RPM (1500-2000) during a WOT.

Thanks to everyone for help!

Case closed.

Archived