LegacyGT.com

Datalog of the beastie

johnAWD

Subaru to my knowledge. :redface: It was a vacuum line from the map sensor to manifold, it has a little sponge in the middle of the line. Basically there are 4 places you can zip tie working your way down to the manifold. 3 out of 4 were zip tied just not where the hose connects to the manifold. Am I following your question right?

^^ Yeah, that's what I meant. I just know that sometimes when things go wrong with their cars people blame it on their shop when it's really a tank of bad gas, defective parts, etc. I'll zip tie those suckers next time I have my TMIC off.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Here are pics of where the hose blew off its basically located right behind the altenator on the manifold.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/13/l_05b0a742ed9845b0a46d63e7ef704322.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/27/l_fdc4f7c7fd324ad19ac4088dcf1a0a4b.jpg

Here is a pic of where the hose blew off its basically located right behind the altenator on the manifold.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps/000_2753cbe0918bde7e_1/2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&border=2,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0&limitsize=400,400&squareoutput=255,255,255

Error:

We're sorry, this page is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please go to pictures.sprintpcs.com in case you are using an old bookmark, which is no longer valid.

Figured I'd chime in here as I tuned both of these cars. I use a little bit different dynamic advance strategy from some other tuners in that I tend to use lower numbers ie 1-4 degrees in the dynamic advance tables across the board. In some cases the lack of dynamic advance in the tables will not allow the IAM or DAM to advance above the default of .8. This is fine though because I have verified the timing on the dyno and I know it is running the correct amount. DAM does not drop over time on these or any other cars, it just does not reach 1.0.

Both of these cars were tuned several months or more ago. I have logs from both of these cars during the tunes showing absolutely no knock and positive DA values across the board. I have tuned well over 300 subarus and I would never let a car go that was knocking or pulling timing. Things on the car can change over time (blown off vacuum lines, etc) but I'm always willing to help my customers out with any issues they are having. It is not normal to see these kinds of negative values in the logs. I stand behind my tunes 100%. If anyone has any questions they can call me directly at the shop and I'll be happy to answer them.

Adam

I've received 2 tunes from Adam and he is very much the professional.

The difference between my 2 logs was the addition of some e85 on top of my tank of 91. I believe that I experienced some polluted fuel, and the e85 cleaned it up so to speak.

RP has treated me well, and worked through several issues I had following after the install, I’m not bashing them at all.

That aside I took a log a couple days ago after I had ziptied my hose that blew off with my AP. I noticed in the log I hit 25.24psi on my 21psi 91 octane map. For the time being I am not going to be in boost while I have pump gas in my tank. Any thoughts on why I hit 25psi?

datalogrecent.pdf

I use a little bit different dynamic advance strategy from some other tuners in that I tend to use lower numbers ie 1-4 degrees in the dynamic advance tables across the board. In some cases the lack of dynamic advance in the tables will not allow the IAM or DAM to advance above the default of .8. This is fine though because I have verified the timing on the dyno and I know it is running the correct amount. DAM does not drop over time on these or any other cars, it just does not reach 1.0.

That's an interesting DA strategy and one that I have not seen. You're the pro tuner and I'm sure there is good rationale for this. I'm curious to know what it is if you care to share.

My concern would be that such a strategy of very low DA lessens the ability of the ECU to protect the motor. The lesser the DA the lesser the ECU can decrease timing in response to falling IAM/DAM in the event of knock from bad fuel, mechanical defect, heatsoak, etc.

I've also never seen a tune intentionally set up for a IAM/DAM at values lesser than 1.0. Here my concern would be that if/when the IAM does reach 1.0, then an additional degree or two of timing would be added and could set up the engine for WOT knock.

I'm not knocking (no pun intended) your strategies here, just curious to fully understand.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

That's an interesting DA strategy and one that I have not seen. You're the pro tuner and I'm sure there is good rationale for this. I'm curious to know what it is if you care to share.

My concern would be that such a strategy of very low DA lessens the ability of the ECU to protect the motor. The lesser the DA the lesser the ECU can decrease timing in response to falling IAM/DAM in the event of knock from bad fuel, mechanical defect, heatsoak, etc.

I've also never seen a tune intentionally set up for a IAM/DAM at values lesser than 1.0. Here my concern would be that if/when the IAM does reach 1.0, then an additional degree or two of timing would be added and could set up the engine for WOT knock.

I'm not knocking (no pun intended) your strategies here, just curious to fully understand.

:whore:

Plus the log tommypenguin just posted has the DAM up to 1.0, how could you tune for this if it hasn't happen?

I typically setup GT30R and larger cars in this way because I've found that it give more consistent, repeatable timing on larger turbo cars. For larger turbo cars I assume that the owner is going to be more conscious of the fuel they are using and are looking to make more power. If you search some old threads on Nasioc you can relive this whole debate but we proved that disabling the dynamic advance system yielded more power and more repeatable results with lower EGT's on Scuba Steve's car. For a while Steve's car was the fastest in the world on an Accessport at 10.9 @4800ft above sea level while running all zeros in the DA maps and a 1.0 DAM.

Another customer of mine, Ben (0to115in11) has his DAM set at .8 with 3's all the way across in his DA table and last year made over 100 11 second drag passes. We went back and redynoed the car in the search for more power at the end of the season and DAM had not changed from .8.

TommyPenguin's car hit's 1.0 DAM because it is not setup the same as John's car. Nick's car is setup to reach full DA. I have several datalogs of this car showing no negative DA and 1.0 DAM with 0 learned knock. The bottom line is that Nick's car has changed mechanically since it was tuned. We replaced the turbo with a rebuilt unit from FP and he has had some issues with vacuum lines popping off, as you stated was the case during the log. Unfortunately, I can't control what happens to a car once it leaves my hands, all I can do is help the customer figure out the source of the problem and fix it.

Everyone is welcome to tune their own cars, it doesn't bother me one bit. I can refer you to literally hundreds of happy customers if you have questions about the quality or tactics of my tuning.

showing no negative DA and 1.0 DAM with 0 learned knock.

That's not enough. If DA is set to a positive value, say 8, then DA 2/4/6 is still positive but timing is being pulled due to a knock.

It's not "DA >0 -> life is good" as I believe one infamous tuner banned from this site seemed to tell people (not to be confused with Infamous :) ).

That's not enough. If DA is set to a positive value, say 8, then DA 2/4/6 is still positive but timing is being pulled due to a knock.

It's not "DA >0 -> life is good" as I believe one infamous tuner banned from this site seemed to tell people (not to be confused with Infamous :) ).

The logs show the same DA that is in the tables. By no negative I mean that it is not any lower than what is in the tables. I'm well aware of how the knock correction works, thanks.

The logs show the same DA that is in the tables. By no negative I mean that it is not any lower than what is in the tables. I'm well aware of how the knock correction works, thanks.

That certainly gives no meaning to word "negative".

Archived