LegacyGT.com

Super Advan Racing Version 2 - will these fit?

simontempler

I wasn't implying that they were ugly. :lol:

I just figured with a 5x100 bolt pattern, possible customers would be limited.

:lol: Understood! :lol:

I'm liking it and it's growing on me actually.. as morbid as some posters there thinks.. I just need a few tasteful updates on the body to tie everything in.. on certain angles, the looks are definitely killer!

though I've lost my stealth look with my SSRs.. maybe after my protune wiht Jarrad in a couple of weeks I'll work on the aesthetics of my car. The Direzzas are noisy as hell but boy, oh boy, do they perform like R compound tyres!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clear your Headlights...Get rid of the orange reflector, that's CLASHES with the red on da rims...

outside of that...i'm a fan of your "Unique" Style!!

Mahalo!

Was thinking about that.. clearing hadlights.. gotta find out where the thread i to do that... you sound sooo local.. LOL! :lol:

Thinking of powder coating the red with a hi gloss clear coat obsidian black.. I'm sure that will bring the contrast to earth level.. :lol: . I gotta say.. they don't look half bad if it's painted a more subtle, matching color.. ;)

Shoppin' for a front lip and rear deck lip to complete the look..

Was thinking about that.. clearing hadlights.. gotta find out where the thread i to do that... you sound sooo local.. LOL! :lol:

Thinking of powder coating the red with a hi gloss clear coat obsidian black.. I'm sure that will bring the contrast to earth level.. :lol: . I gotta say.. they don't look half bad if it's painted a more subtle, matching color.. ;)

Shoppin' for a front lip and rear deck lip to complete the look..

$hit...if you're gonna paint them may as well rocked some cheapy POS's Rock the red and Rock them HARD!...You got another set of Classic (Ball'r) rims...have fun with these ones!!

~Sucka-Duck~

...if you're gonna paint them may as well rocked some cheapy POS's Rock the red and Rock them HARD!...You got another set of Classic (Ball'r) rims...have fun with these ones!!

LOL!

I was going to! But for $60 ('tis a awesome hookup) to powder coat wiht a hi gloss finish and color match each wheel.. it's not really gonna break da bank, ya know..

Rock the red...smoke the headlights and get rid of the amber, but paint the chrome ring around the projector red too, that'll be interesting hahaha...i remember another member did that, forgot who it was...it wasnt half bad, but he had gold wheels and car was ABP IIRC so it was a little weird http://legacygt.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

simontemplar,

Since you asked for an opinion, I'll give it to you (I only speak for myself). I've never liked the 3-spoke design (regardless of name-brand) let alone the Super Advan line. I think the design is horrid and never fit any car it was ever mounted on, regardless of color combination. My recommendation is to stay away from these (despite the cheap price and desired offset/diameter/width) and wait for something better. Ultimately, it's your money and decision, I just figure you receive another honest opinion before pulling the trigger.

Edit: Didn't think you already bought them, just don't have buyers remorse. Remember, the car shouldn't be styled to make the wheels look good, it's the other way around...

simontemplar,

Since you asked for an opinion, I'll give it to you (I only speak for myself). I've never liked the 3-spoke design (regardless of name-brand) let alone the Super Advan line. I think the design is horrid and never fit any car it was ever mounted on, regardless of color combination. My recommendation is to stay away from these (despite the cheap price and desired offset/diameter/width) and wait for something better. Ultimately, it's your money and decision, I just figure you receive another honest opinion before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for your input and its noted. I'm one who is quite conservative especially with my car. You can even say I am anti-bling. I lam keeping my SSRs (pics in this thread). I really do love the stealth, staid appearance and even debadged it . The only tell tale sign indicative of a high performance engine is my FMIC.

I wasn't too keen on the looks on my car initially and have been driving it daily for the past week and it drives great! I'm still on the fence and will be changing the red to another color. I know that this wheel not for everyone, with LGT-NY being very vocal about it, but I can live with that.

I'd like to see how far I can take this before I can confidently say it doesn't work. At what expense? Well, considering that I have offers for buy them outright, not much at all.

I'm just having fun with it and would like to share with you folks this experience.

Thanks for your pleasant reply and opinion. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived