LegacyGT.com

Trunk Mat

Yep, that's me. I put the 2000 wagon liner in the trunk of the 2006 sedan. Works great.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50616&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1206641213

Cool, I knew someone had. Do you have any larger pics of it?

I saw some old posts that would've put the mat around $150-$160 shipped and when I contacted Japanparts about it, they said no way it would've been that cheap. Using their site, the shipping cost alone is $282 dollars, making the total cost for the mat $413 shipped.

I know I didn't pay $400 for the thing otherwise I would have said forget it!

Its been so long it'll take me a while to dig up a receipt.

EDIT:

On 11/7/06 I paid $100 for the trunk mat plus $110 for the center console extension. Shipping for both items was $71.

Hope this helps.

I know I didn't pay $400 for the thing otherwise I would have said forget it!

Its been so long it'll take me a while to dig up a receipt.

EDIT:

On 11/7/06 I paid $100 for the trunk mat plus $110 for the center console extension. Shipping for both items was $71.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for going through the trouble of looking it up. I don't know if it's the increase in gas prices or what, but the shipping cost is just insane now. What a difference a couple of years makes.

Hey I found a great trunk mat!!!:p

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3/HondaRacingB18/wood3.jpg

not mine, off VWVortex.

Just make sure that you don't get rear-ended and have passengers in the back with that setup.

Looks like it's a spine-cutter...

453747.png

yeah, you'd want to have some way of securing that down.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yeah, you'd want to have some way of securing that down.

Not the speaker, the planks of wood which will act like javelins shoving through the rear seat cushion. Guess it would be better to run the planks sideways rather than front to back, if you do. Never thought of that, then again, never thought of doing any woodwork in my hatch either.

A couple years ago Subaru was selling Forester trunk mats very cheap.. They are too small, but for $20 picked up it wasn't a big deal to me..

It's actually still available for even less now, $17, even if it doesn't fit who cares?!?!

P/N: J5010FS331

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/index.php?cPath=22_27&sort=1a&page=3

I knew what you meant. either would suck.

Not the speaker, the planks of wood which will act like javelins shoving through the rear seat cushion. Guess it would be better to run the planks sideways rather than front to back, if you do. Never thought of that, then again, never thought of doing any woodwork in my hatch either.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

have you found this pretty durable?

The "RubberTite™ From Lloyd's" mats are pre-cut to specifically fit your vehicle. Here's a picture of mine installed (link where I got it from is in a previous post of mine above)...

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35480&d=1176870074

have you found this pretty durable?
I've had the Lloyd's mad a few years now and it has held up great. It's about 1/4" thick, flexible enough to remove when needed for cleaning, access to the spare tire well, etc. without struggling with it, and stiff enough to fit it right back into position.

Just an FYI for those looking to get the OEM trunk tray. I contacted RHDJapan about it, and they've now added it to their site:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/Subaru-Trunk-Tray-BL-Legacy-Sedan-56954

Still expensive at $217 shipped, but way better than $400+. After getting a mat for the wagon that didn't fit very well, I bit the bullet and ordered one. Hopefully, this will allow others to save some cash.

I always thought you had 2 wagons :spin:
We did, for about a month in Dec 2004. That mat is out of the 2000 wagon. The 2005 wagon is the replacement for the 2000 gig wagon, so I thought I'd try to use the 2000 wagon for my winter daily driver, instead of the Saturn I had at the time. I drove the 2000 for a week. I don't know, maybe it's because I've been riding bikes for commuting for so long, but having all the empty space behind me, useless, just freaked me out, especially when parking; I backed into a parking garage space every day and hated the wagon for lack of prespective. I decided to sell the 2000 wagon and later in 2005, I ordered the 2006 sedan. Goodbye Saturn, hello AWD ABS!

Archived