LegacyGT.com

Ford F-150 SVT Raptor

Neat, but still a ford.

This is the exact kind of thinking that is going to crush our country. No matter what cool features or how reliable or what great ideas american cars have, people will still just say too bad its a (insert american car company here). Im not saying this truck is the best vehicle ever but when something is good and cool dont just throw it aside because of who makes it. People need to start listening to fact and stop listening to all the people who just say its american it sucks. All your doing is adding to the biggest problem this countrys economy has right now, which is if its american its worthless and you shouldnt buy it, in alot of cases this isnt true.

I would probably not trade my Tundra in on that thing, but it's a nice truck. A little disappointing towing capacity though for all that power, but the Pre-Runner style suspension probably was not designed with heavy cargo loads in mind. Nice to see Ford finally putting an engine in a truck that has some actual power from the factory, now just let the rest of the F150's use that motor too.

Now if they offered that in a four door cab, and upped the towing capacity that would be pretty damned tempting.

This is the exact kind of thinking that is going to crush our country. No matter what cool features or how reliable or what great ideas american cars have, people will still just say too bad its a (insert american car company here). Im not saying this truck is the best vehicle ever but when something is good and cool dont just throw it aside because of who makes it. People need to start listening to fact and stop listening to all the people who just say its american it sucks. All your doing is adding to the biggest problem this countrys economy has right now, which is if its american its worthless and you shouldnt buy it, in alot of cases this isnt true.

american economy doesn't survive on just car sales. and if not buying american cars is what is causing this.... then maybe our economy should fail for being that dependent on just car sales. :rolleyes:

there are many things american built i would buy over others, but cars will never be one of them.

and ain't this like pot calling kettle black, i mean u bought a jap car. why didn't you buy american?

american economy doesn't survive on just car sales. and if not buying american cars is what is causing this.... then maybe our economy should fail for being that dependent on just car sales. :rolleyes:

there are many things american built i would buy over others, but cars will never be one of them.

and ain't this like pot calling kettle black, i mean u bought a jap car. why didn't you buy american?

Everyone uses this thinking with all products not just cars. Thats what the last sentence in my post was stating. As for why did i buy the lgt, well there are a couple reasons a big one being the dealer it was at was giving me 4k more for my trade in car than any other dealer and probably went to over 20 and had my car priced. I wasnt lookign for a lgt when i was car shopping it jsut turned out this way. The only sporty/4 door cars they had were this and a srt-4, which is just a DSM piece of crap with a dodge symbol on it. The dealer i was at didnt even know the car was turbo, they thought it was the base model.

Right, because there is NO one that says "neat, but still a rice burner" or "neat, but still a sauerkraut burner" (just thought of that, you like it? ;) )

Get over it, the American car companies failed because of bad management, cars that the public (mass) didn't want and a host of other reasons. It takes time for them to sway the public's opinion, and that isn't going to happen for a while especially after all that is going on now.

Yes, there are a bunch of cool looking american cars, but build quality, interior, service, and technology are still lacking most of the time. So I go Jap or German, kthxbye.

Great truck but Ford should cut the SVT team (among other things) in favor of a better business plan.

SVT was all but gone between 2005 and present.

One of the validations I'd heard for its revival was that enthusiasts are, by definition, the best salesmen for a vehicle brand. Keep even a small segment excited and you are more likely to have mainstream influence by that small group simply by word-of-mouth.

SVT was all but gone between 2005 and present.

One of the validations I'd heard for its revival was that enthusiasts are, by definition, the best salesmen for a vehicle brand. Keep even a small segment excited and you are more likely to have mainstream influence by that small group simply by word-of-mouth.

Gee,

When I say that about Subaru, I get all sorts of derision, about how enthusiasts are ignored and bear no weight with mainstream buyers...

As a former Ford owner, I wish they had something worth actually considering as an actual modern performance vehicle. The Mustang is supposed to be, but just can's seem to cut it.

The Fusion Sport has no stick shift, and the Probe GT is not only not RWD, it is more than 10 years gone.

Archived