LegacyGT.com

Trade-in value on my 07 LGT ltd

tedya

Hi everyone, I have a question. The online version of NADA gives my vehicle a trade-in value of roughly $20,750. The KBB online version gives a trade-in value of $20,420. When I went to buy a new car yesterday, the best they would give me is $16,750. Are the online versions wrong or is my car just not worth anything now days because of the economy?

used car market = in the tank, period. dealers are looking to get rid of inventory, not buy fresh. don't know about your state, but at the end of the year in OH, dealers pay tax on inventory too. i know everybody always says "sell it yourself," but it can be a pain in the arse...up to you, but for five grand plus, i'd give it a shot. or wait.

Dealers only use bluebook and NADA when selling. They use auction results when buying. Why pay you 20K when they can get it at auction for 16K. Sucks. A good bet is approk 2-3K below Blue. Shows what a good deal subaru was offering earlier when they guaranteed your trade price.A good resource is black book, which is a dealer tool. You can try googling it or some dealer sites use it to value your trade in

Dealers only use bluebook and NADA when selling. They use auction results when buying. Why pay you 20K when they can get it at auction for 16K. Sucks. A good bet is approk 2-3K below Blue. Shows what a good deal subaru was offering earlier when they guaranteed your trade price.A good resource is black book, which is a dealer tool. You can try googling it or some dealer sites use it to value your trade in

+1 My Subaru dealer uses Manheim auction prices. When I traded my '03 Tribute for the Legacy last January, I had the KBB and other prices pegged anywhere from high $9K through $11K. The best he could do was $8,500 and when I checked with independent sources, I found the auction price was around $8K. Go to Edmund's "Real-World Trade-In Values" forum, where they'll give a an pretty good fix on what your car's actually worth.

Archived