LegacyGT.com

Have you ever

My friends keep asking me to teach them to drive standard and I always refuse. Last time that happened the next night my clutch broke. SO NOT WORTH IT.

Damn, I know how that feels. After I got my Legacy, I didn't care so much for the MR2 anyway. I let two friends drive it. One did just fine. The other, not so well. Twice, I saw him trying to put it into first, then he says, it's not going in. I said, put the clutch in then put it into first. I was surprised it didn't grind. 5 minutes later, he wanted to practice reverse. Clunk, engine dies. Straight into reverse without the clutch. I cringed, and I was not happy. No more letting people drive my car. :spin:

Wifey drives our car regularly but I did all of the driving during our 2 vacation road trips to MD/VA and UT. I let our 14 year old son drive it on the back dirt roads on private property in UT but I kept in sport mode so as to better control the speed. It was good for him, he drove for about 30 minutes and I made him work on left + right turns, not just straight away driving. Several other have driven it just to check it out......

I do understand, however, those of you who have modded lgts with the greater horsepower and additional mods. It would be be prudent to be selective about who (if anybody) else drives it......

Archived