LegacyGT.com

Traded in my LGT 5EAT ...

for a 5MT! :lol: .. oh man i took a bath, :32doh's: but ya know what, i was thinking about it since a month after i bought it .. and still thinking about it 5 months after i bought it, . so i just did it before i started my TBE mods.

that's why i sold the AP, and still have the momo AT knob for sale. after driving it around today i am sure i made the right decision. i was always driving the 5EAT in manual mode so it just made sense.

no AP anymore, but i gotta be good for the break-in anyway. purchasing 2 subaru's in 5 months sounds kind of cool, but i'm not sure it's something to brag about :lol:

not sure about the tint .. while it looks sweet, i am amazed at how easy i can see things around me without tint now. .. i guess i gotta decide functionality vs. looks. if i do do it, it will be dark again. ( probably will ) . i guess one could argue in that tint is functional for blocking sunlight and keeping the vehicle cooler :)

the V1 was un-installed pretty easily. i have lots of experience now so installing it in the new car should be smooth.

i had them swap the wheels, so i still have the black ones.

the night before i was putting back the intake silencer and stock filter. i have since put the perrin filter in the new car, but i don't think i'll be removing the silencer just yet.

this one also came with the arm rest extender .. way cool! i recommend this to everyone. i feel like i fit in the car so much more snug now that my elbow can actually rest comfortably.

now i gotta learn how to drive this thing .. just gotta wait for the break in again. 2nd time around isn't as difficult to wait for though.

you made the right choice. you probably got a good deal w/ your 5MT anyway.
both were around invoice, but i still lost my @ss between the small gap i had and paying tax+license twice. heh, oh well.

You should've come up and traded with me! :lol:

Glad you got the car you'll be happy with. If you spread the loss out over a few years it doesn't sound as bad. And if you're happy now, it's definitely worth it!

Don't forget you have to use your other foot now! ;)

tom

tom :)

i still lost my @ss between the small gap i had and paying tax+license twice. heh, oh well.

Hey, look at it this way....you get 2 federal tax deductions instead of just 1 :D

Did you get the factory STi short-throw shifter? If not, then do it! My 5MT came with the stock shifter (except for the Momo knob) so I got to drive both setups. the STS makes such a nice upgrade in feel and functionality.

Congrats, same as before besides transmission? Oh and more pictures, your car is always the cleanest it seems.

Song of Post- Sublime- Raleigh Soliloguy Pt. III

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

p.s. .. you can deduct tax you pay on your car?

If you itemize your deductions you can either claim your state Income Tax (on W2) or claim General Sales Tax. Your car sales tax would fall under the General Sales Tax deduction. Most people who itemize will not use the General Sales tax deduction but, it is an option and yes, you can deduct car tax.

difficult to tell. i haven't been going past 4k yet, so the shifts are very quick. i haven't even really launched it hard. also difficult since my 5AT hd an AP flashed to stage 1.

i can tell you that the suspension on this car feels less harsh. maybe it has to do with everything not being broken in yet, .. but it seems even smoother than when i first got these wheels on the first car at 1100 miles.

there is a slight whine that i didn't hear on the AT during acceleration and engine braking. i'm pretty sure that has to do with the MT tranny right?

i'm in no hurry to break this one in. i'll be patient.

difficult to tell. i haven't been going past 4k yet, so the shifts are very quick. i haven't even really launched it hard. also difficult since my 5AT hd an AP flashed to stage 1.

i can tell you that the suspension on this car feels less harsh. maybe it has to do with everything not being broken in yet, .. but it seems even smoother than when i first got these wheels on the first car at 1100 miles.

there is a slight whine that i didn't hear on the AT during acceleration and engine braking. i'm pretty sure that has to do with the MT tranny right?

i'm in no hurry to break this one in. i'll be patient.

I notice a little whine in 1rst but in 2nd it is very noticable. It doesnt matter to me really. The one thing that is a little hard to get used to on the MT is the clutch engages at the top and with the electronic throttle it takes awhile getting used to. When I had my Talon with the ACT clutch you new very easily when the clutch was in. I do enjoy the STS and for a factory installed option it isnt bad.

Archived