LegacyGT.com

Spec B driving experience

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think black would be my next choice. Unless waiting 6-8 weeks is okay for you. I don't have that kind of patience yet. There is a black one at my local dealer in Rochester, NY.

Unfortunately in Canada, where I live, it's only available in two colours, the grey and an 'alpine white'; and the dealer has three available on the lot in white only. Go figure! If they're building it in Indiana you'd think I'd be able to get a few colour choices like you have in the States, but no...!

I'm just not fussy over white, maybe it looks better in the summer. In the winter here, I can't see the car for all the snow!

Tonik Motorsports seems to have a decent rep they used to have a car in the Canadian Rally Championship and I know they set up rally cross events. They give pretty good rates for installs and I've never heard people complain about one of their tunes yet. IIRC, Tonik is pretty adamant on data logging and good on making any revisions.

I really like that pearl white on the 08+ cars.

Although, DGM is such a nice colour:wub:

My only complaint with my 08 Spec.B is the Potenza tires that came on it suck in the snow.

Luckily I still have a '98 Outback to drive when it snows until I can afford some different tires.

spec.b comes on summer tires... not surprised it handled poorly in the snow:lol:

My only complaint with my 08 Spec.B is the Potenza tires that came on it suck in the snow.

Luckily I still have a '98 Outback to drive when it snows until I can afford some different tires.

I negotiated a set of Pirelli Scorpion winter tires from the dealer as part of new deal. They're supposed to be good. Anyone know anything about them?

I negotiated a set of Pirelli Scorpion winter tires from the dealer as part of new deal. They're supposed to be good. Anyone know anything about them?

nah, I got the Pirelli Pzero Nero M&S A/S tires on my stock spec.b rims. I will tell you how they handle in an hour when I get back from lunch. first time taking them in the snow :spin:

Tonik Motorsports seems to have a decent rep they used to have a car in the Canadian Rally Championship and I know they set up rally cross events. They give pretty good rates for installs and I've never heard people complain about one of their tunes yet. IIRC, Tonik is pretty adamant on data logging and good on making any revisions.

I really like that pearl white on the 08+ cars.

Although, DGM is such a nice colour:wub:

Thanks camber for the tip about Tonik, will check them out. I'm going back to the dealer lot this afternoon just to take another quick look at that pearl white they have there.

The experience and the thrill never gets old. Even though there are a several cars in my father's household, a couple which are rather exotic, I still enjoy driving the Legacy GT the most out of all of them. And it's also a head turner among chicks too =) I'm 18 and girls never get tired of the car =)

Oh it's a head turner all right - I'm sure the chicks are actually thinking - "check out that kid thinking he's cool in his grandfather's Camry" :lol::lol::lol:.

Don't get me wrong - I love mine but the biggest appeal to buying one almost 4yrs ago was that hardly anyone had one around here and even less even knew what it was......the ultimate sleeper.

Oh it's a head turner all right - I'm sure the chicks are actually thinking - "check out that kid thinking he's cool in his grandfather's Camry" :lol::lol::lol:.

Don't get me wrong - I love mine but the biggest appeal to buying one almost 4yrs ago was that hardly anyone had one around here and even less even knew what it was......the ultimate sleeper.

u gotta get them in the car & they will know its not a camry... 4" dual tips dont hurt for the non camry look either...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/fiidgett2/100_4690.jpg

Archived