LegacyGT.com

Subaru Out Of WRC?

urs1ne

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rally heritage made Subie cool enough to convince my wife to turn away from the SUV (Jimmy) she was considering. "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" still works.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I said this in the NASIOC thread, but I don't see what's to worry about. The world economy isn't exactly stellar right now. Any wise company will tighten up and eliminate unnecessary costs, on a temporary basis.

when Subaru released the WRX in the US it sold well because of the AWD, Turbo and Rally Heritage. even though WRC isn't a huge sport in the US it was that link to something that wasn't mainstream but cool none-the-less by a manufacturer that certainly isn't mainstream. that's my theory anyway :lol:

when Subaru released the WRX in the US it sold well because of the AWD, Turbo and Rally Heritage. even though WRC isn't a huge sport in the US it was that link to something that wasn't mainstream but cool none-the-less by a manufacturer that certainly isn't mainstream. that's my theory anyway :lol:

it's one reason why i have one it got me looking then i watched a WRC race and was hooked. racing sells cars.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

actually i wasn't agreeing with you.

"Being not fun at parties" is classic bosco's insult. He treated me to it before.

Nothing to be concerned about :lol:

For those curious about Petter....

“Petter Solberg and Subaru have agreed that Petter Solberg is free to enter any brand of the car he elects for participation in the WRC in 2009 and beyond.

Petter Solberg will use the nearest future to sort out the possibilities to re-enter the WRC for 2009.”

-

-ben

I bet Subaru will switch its marketing campaign farther away from racing. Probably towards safety of the cars. Personally, in the States, I would push the domination of Subaru in the North American rally circuit and how well it does in road racing with the ICY team.

I agree. I don't hear anything at all about the ICY team unless I go looking. SOA needs to brag it up a bit. Then, using the outstanding results of ICY, they can bring the Legacy STI. Success in rally brought the Impreza STI, so success in road racing can bring us the Legacy STI.

Come on SOA - take advantage of ICY's success!

I agree. I don't hear anything at all about the ICY team unless I go looking. SOA needs to brag it up a bit. Then, using the outstanding results of ICY, they can bring the Legacy STI. Success in rally brought the Impreza STI, so success in road racing can bring us the Legacy STI.

Come on SOA - take advantage of ICY's success!

ICY was racing a 05 LG MT wagon initially. Only in MY07 they went for SpecB.

Instead of using it to advertise the wagon... SOA dropped MT, and then the wagon altogether.

Possibly, since '10 won't have a spec B.

But supposedly it will have 6MT as the manual transmission choice, and if they keep bilsteins standard on the turbo 4 GT, and the H6-powered model (like 3.0R limited is now) then the regular GT might be on-par with Spec B specifications. Something that pretty much should have happened all along.

Archived