LegacyGT.com

Need Help with Antenna Connection.. Please.

Mike Moffa

I just start to connect my things up tonight. and when I decided to go connect the Antenna connector from my FM Modulator, I notice that behind the OEM radio, I do not have the "normal" antenna connector.. Can someone help me out, I need to be able to connect my FM Modulator, to be able to have sound from my DVD..

The only thing that I can see behing the radio, its a place thats mark FM 75ohms with a small pin out connector.. Is that it ? do you have to cut the connector of the antenna of my FM modulator, and conect it directly there ?

please, need help. hehe I will like to re-closed everything up tonight.

thanks

Mike Moffa

Founder / Admin

Montreal Subaru Club

http://www.montreal-subaru-club.com

So far, most people have modified the OE connector by cutting it off and soldering on a standard connector. There are a few threads on this topic and would probably meet your immediate needs the best.

Another member has obtained connectors from the OE supplier and is working on an adapter.

Lastly, Metra is supposedly working on an adapter for our OE connector. There is no specific ETA on the adapter yet.

Ken

There have been a few posts on this, search for "antenna connector." Subaru for some reason does use a weirdo connector.

A couple people have just spliced into the cable.

Metra has announced that they will sell adapters, see posts 110 and 111 in my long "ipod direct connection successful " thread.

The one labeled 75 OHM is actually a ground connection. The connection that is the antenna one is the only wire that is coming out of the back of the radio.

I have the OE connections and will start making cables for people. I have enough to make about 6 or so.

Here is a picture of what the antenna connection looks like.

IMG_0467.JPG.0de7b236b1e69a113f954a31b3c367ef.JPG

thanks a lot guys for the quick reply.. I was soo down, that I did not think of making a search. hehe

Did not want to have buy a XM tuner and FM modulator for nothing. hehe

Thanks mvigneau.. I did remember that connector behind the radio..

So, I can go tap on it directly if I want to..

So basically. if I take a antenna extension.. like this post. I will be able to do a clean job.. damm.. just need to find one now. .. and my car is all in parts. dammit..

hehe

thanks again guys

Mike

Mike Moffa

Founder / Admin

Montreal Subaru Club

I have the OE connections and will start making cables for people. I have enough to make about 6 or so.

How much? How soon? How do I pay you?

I'm dying to get my modulator installed. I hve this kickin new stereo and my XM sounds like poo.

I am using the dock connector, not the headphone out which sends the unamplified signal to the FM Modulator so I can't control the volume with the iPod.

Well I want to keep one for me in case I have to replace my FM Modulator so that leaves 5. I want to give one to C_Hunter because he gave me one of his so that leaves 4.

I will post in the FS Forum but don't know what to charge since it takes an hour or so to make one. I could also just sell the pieces and people can connect their own if they want. I can offer that option depending on what people want I guess.

I am also trying to get a list of distributors so that I can buy more but we will see how that goes.

So if it is on a First Come First Serve that would leave:

#4 - Helfrick

#3 - Mike Moffa

#2 - Scooby Life

#1 - Open

Mike Moffa can you post your pics of your XM install when you are done? getting ready to install mine and looking for ideas. What bracket did you use?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

It will not be install for couple of weeks.. I will be waiting for other parts and the antenna :)

Mike

Mike Moffa can you post your pics of your XM install when you are done? getting ready to install mine and looking for ideas. What bracket did you use?

Mike Moffa

Founder / Admin

Montreal Subaru Club

Archived