LegacyGT.com

37 degrees warning chirp?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds to me that the TPMS system will be ignored soon by many car owners if it starts to go off too often.

I just inflate my RE92s in the winter to 40 psi. that lights not gonna get tripped by loosing pressure because of the cold :)

Even though the air is above freezing point ice can form on the street surface, and that is the most sneaky ice you can get since it's so close to the melting point that it gets a thin layer of water as soon as you put some load on it which makes it extremely slippery.

It's about the radiation of heat from an object, and actually black objects like tarmac dissipates heat easier than white objects. Painting something black will make it attract heat, but it actually also makes it dissipate heat easier too.

453747.png

More precisely: even though the air is above freezing, the road surface itself can be at 32°F or lower, so ice can form on it.

The 37°F (or whatever it is) threshold is the car-maker's guess at an approximate point at which ice on the road can become an issue.

Audi started using a little illuminated snowflake on the dash years ago, and people (me included) found that annoying. A car that makes noise for this purpose is truly ridiculous -- I hope mine don't. Or, if they do, I hope there's a simple way to turn it off.

What kind of stupid hand-holding will they think up next? HPH

ugh they made the new ones BEEP at 37? I'm so glad I didnt buy a newer LGT.. yall may have a nicer front end but you have more weight, that horrible si drive, and apparently a beeping system.

My computer flahes every time it reaches 37 but there is no beep.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

ugh they made the new ones BEEP at 37? I'm so glad I didnt buy a newer LGT.. yall may have a nicer front end but you have more weight, that horrible si drive, and apparently a beeping system.

My computer flahes every time it reaches 37 but there is no beep.

the SI drive isn't horrible.

the beep is a one time beep. if you know what it is, it's not anoying/startling.

I knew it beeped, i just had no clue as to *why* it beeped till this thread.

maybe when you are down to like 5 miles before yo run out... dunno. never been below 1/4 tank myself.

and 2nd what Mr. Sinister said. no big deal once you know what it is, and when. if it were a big air horn sound or horn honk... yeah then it's a problem. if my radio is on, i don't even hear it really.

^ that gas info flash is a new feature. I don't have that on my '08 (though we do have miles-till-empty option on the display).

The beep is minimal. It's the same tiny beep that sounds when you change modes on SI-Drive. It's not like the seat belt alarm or anything.

With those warnings, I wish you could recall the warning by pressing the Info button on the steering wheel. The warning disappears after one second, so if you missed it then there is no way to see what warning it was.

Actually you are all wrong. The 37 degree beep was intended to only be placed on spec b's however a mistake was made and it went to all gts. What it actually indicates is the temperature in which it is not safe to ignite the scramjet engines.

Actually you are all wrong. The 37 degree beep was intended to only be placed on spec b's however a mistake was made and it went to all gts. What it actually indicates is the temperature in which it is not safe to ignite the scramjet engines.

spec B: it just kicked in yo

Archived