LegacyGT.com

Dunlop SP Sport Signature?

Jcb890

They're priced pretty decently at $95/tire through Tire Rack and did very well in the survey... however, there were only 55 submissions and a total of 268,xxx miles for the survey.

Has anyone on here used them before?

I'm in MA, so I need a decent tire in the snow. I'm having a tough time deciding what all-season tire to go with or to go with decicated snow and summer setups, but I don't really feel like shelling out the cash for a second set of wheels.

As a native New Hampshirite, I vote for split winter/summer sets. You can get a stock set of wheels pretty cheap, and you don't necessarily have to buy tires new either. Lots of good things to be found, between all of the forums. Remember that the Impreza basically uses the same sizing scheme, so you've got a lot to pick from.

• 1 month later...
My friend has them on Maxima SE (245/45R18) and he is not happy with winter performance. The size might be the biggest culprit but he claims that OE Goodyear Eagle RS-A were better in snow.

Krzys

245's in the snow? Ooof! I think you may be right about "size" being the culprit...especially on such a light car as a Max. Heck, the 265's I'm running on my Expedition right now do great in the snow, however..... ;o)

Each of the reviews I've read on tirerack said these were exceptionally good in the snow, so I've gotta' assume they're at least fairly competent.

As always....thanks, Krzys!

Tim

What year Maxima is it? The 02-03 are only 100lbs lighter than the LGT.

Two winters ago I switched from all seasons to dedicated winters and I will NEVER go back.

All Seasons are never great in either winter or summer. They just work in both. Having a set of winters and a set of summers maximizes traction in each season.

If you do decide to go with two set's of tires, I'd recommend as a cheap/good tire, the General Exclaim UHPs for summer. As for winter, I'm running Dunlop Graspic DS2's and they have done the job so far.

If you do decide to go with two set's of tires, I'd recommend as a cheap/good tire, the General Exclaim UHPs for summer. As for winter, I'm running Dunlop Graspic DS2's and they have done the job so far.

I appreciate the recommendation.

I "went cheap" last time and bought a set of Falken Ziex 512's based upon all the excellent reviews here, but found them to have really weak sidewalls which did nothing good for the OB's already poor handling. As a comparison, the stock RE-92a's offered more crisp handling and had a significantly stiffer sidewall than the Falkens (everything else about the stockers sucked however).

So I'm a little concerned about "going that cheap" again. I've already felt the sidewall on the General which is also isn't very stiff. This may not cause a poor handling in 45-series, but on the OB's 55-series I suspect the Generals will handle a lot like the Falkens. This is why I was looking to take a step up from "cheap" to "semi-cheap", like the Dunlops, Eagle GT or Cooper CS4 Touring....or blowing the mother-load and shooting for the Yoko Advan S.4's. I just can't go another 3 years running a tire which makes my OB handle worse in dry weather than the orig Bridgestones did.

Thanks,

Tim

Archived