LegacyGT.com

Christmas lights

bosco

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The wife was on my case to get the Christmas lights up for a couple of weeks.

They're up now, and for some reason she won't talk to me.

:lol:

I was practically in tears when i saw this B, good job! By the time you put up the tree (possibly palm?) she will have left you

nice work. Thats more than I've done.

I live by myself. Unless my mother comes up here and forces me to put up the tree and then she decorates it.. I wont put one up this year. I have one, its pre-lit, but decorating it is too much trouble. :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

:eek: i can't top that :lol:

i would like to see the setup he used to do that.

http://www.wonderlandchristmas.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24

If I remember correctly, the guy that built it is an EE. He ended up having to shut his lights down early because there were too many traffic issues on the street in front of his house.

i agree with you guys, all this talk about saving energy & "going green" and falling economy.....this is our part in helping out with this global problem...:lol:

I have resorted to one of those small plastic christmas trees that fits on a table and it has a 3W LED lamp in it which makes it relatively cheap to run. The light is spread out in the tree through optical fibers.

453747.png

I ave some LED lights that my mother put out last year on the porch rails. Shes always done this at their house and couldn't resist not doing it at mine.

Its "green" sure but I got them cos I like the pure white color, and they last longer..

plus they're water resistant.. not that the others arent but.. you know.. they're MORE water resistant.

so far this year, I'm just decorated with leaves from the trees in my front yard. :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

i love that vid. wasn't it a beer commercial?

Budweiser bought the rights to the dudes video, after they used it without his permission. (IIRC)

Dude lives in ohio. Cops made him shut it down because it was causing traffic problems in his neighborhood.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

& the guy in the video did it with some real A/V equipment. My buddy is an A/V tech & he offered to do it at my place but I turned him down.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

i agree with you guys, all this talk about saving energy & "going green" and falling economy.....this is our part in helping out with this global problem...:lol:

Your right. I never really noticed out Christmas is the worst holiday for the enironment.

1) We cut down a tree and use it for decoration (Trees reduce the green house gas CO2)

2) We use alot of electriity for lights (To produce electricity CO2 is a by-product)

3) We use paper to wrap gifts (More trees dead)

I feel better ive used a fake tree since i can remember.

Archived