LegacyGT.com

Heated mirror on 98 legacy

Hi all,

I just picked up a 98 legacy wagon 5 Spd and love the thing. Handles so well!

I'm wondering how the heated mirrors switch on. My driver's side mirror has the little symbol on it but there is no switch to activate them inside. Does it just come on with rear defogger? Thanks in advance

The heated mirrors have had various combinations, and I think it depends on which market the car was made for and MY.

The heated mirror function on later models are combined with the rear window defroster but there may be a separate switch. And if it doesn't work it may be because the mirror heater has died.

453747.png

thanks! Well only my driver's side mirror has the heat symbol - not passenger side. Did all 98 Legacy wagons come w/ heated mirrors? Mine is definitely not working but I would really like it this winter. Any good sources for a replacement heater?

This is a 98 Made in Indiana Legacy wagon L w/ the mirror switch being a toggle l-R and a round toggle switch to move the mirror

I'm pretty sure only the Outbacks were sold with the cold weather package in 98. Heated seats, wipers, mirrors.

Unless these were offered as a single option to colder climates, but I doubt that if you don't have heated seats or wipers, that mirror came stock.

Perhaps it was replaced with one over the years?

The driver side mirror was heated on the old '83 Subaru I had.

It depends on which market they were sold on.

But it's possible that the mirror was replaced at some time for some reason and then they did get a heated version of the mirror instead and therefore the mirror has heating available but it's not connected.

453747.png

I'm suprised a 98 legacy would heave heated mirrors...

Dude, don't make me call the charge nurse and have them take your laptop away

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

:lol:

WTF is with this tool. I started reading threads on him like two days ago

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

laptop no no, blackbarry give give, me give u, me give you not

Alexandr Slingovich, teh first requirement of blogging is to speak the King's English. We don't have the time to translate from English to Serbian and back again, k?

Alexandr Slingovich, teh first requirement of blogging is to speak the King's English. We don't have the time to translate from English to Serbian and back again, k?

me no speakie english, learn need speak to english, me help, me no go school, school need...

Archived