LegacyGT.com

07+ 5eats

Richard B.

isnt that how it suppose to be??

when im in S#...my engine sounds like its goin to blow....lol

what i mean is...

comign to a stop while have been driving around in S# the 2-1 shift seems to kick the car as opposed to s or i which is smoother. at least it seems smoother.

we all know the s# gets a different tcu setting. i am wondering IF subaru did anything to the line pressure or anything else to the tranny besides holding gears, shift points and throttle.

That is normal, my 05 5EAT does the same thing. The reason it does that is because in Sport or Sport Sharp (sport mode in my case) it holds the revs higher and downshifts earlier when you slow down. Because 1st is such a low gear, you feel the downshift.

You can ask for a shift into 1st at 30mph, but IIRC the manual says no more than 27mph. Also, what snow said, I'm pretty much at a stop before I move into 1st. I drive around in manual mode all the time.

When mine shifts from 2nd to 3rd it crazy...I just want to get rid of it for that reason only. But heres another thing. When it shifts into 3rd or 4th gear the RPM's go so low that it has no power and has to kick out of "lock up" (not sure if they even use that type of T.C anymore, but you know what i mean) is that normal to? Ive already brought it in to have it "re-learned" but u guys know how that works. As soon as i pulled out of the parking lot it did it again (with the thud)

I pitty the foo with Si drive.

that being said, I dont even feel my 2-1 shift usually.. now if I'm in manumatic and I try to shift from 3rd to 2nd while the ecu tries to go from 3rd to 2nd I go from 3rd to 1st.. now THATS a hard shift.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

that being said, I dont even feel my 2-1 shift usually.. now if I'm in manumatic and I try to shift from 3rd to 2nd while the ecu tries to go from 3rd to 2nd I go from 3rd to 1st.. now THATS a hard shift.

+ 1. I've accidentally done the 3 to 1 shift before, no fun.

Under WOT 2nd to 3rd shifts prompt a flare-up on my 5EAT where it drops out of gear and the revs go up 200-400rpms prior to engaging the gear, if I am in manual mode. It freaked me out and prompted a thread, but I guess these 5EATs are just plain weird. I think it does it for you all too, but you just don't feel it due to the mushy stock transmission mount. Toss a Rallitek mount and you'll feel it.

i've done this a couple times. thats one of my peeves about the manumatic mode. it takes it as two shift signals instead of realizing it is shifting at the same time as we ask...

WOT from 3rd>4th felt like my car was taking off like a rocket. i let off the gas right after the shift, though. this was on an empty highway at 430am....one of the "perks" about working overnight.

Archived