LegacyGT.com

Legacy Gt Issue (sport light wont stop blinking)

So i just bought a 2005 legacy gt limited sadly its automatic. But my problem is that when i'm not even in the sport mode the sport light comes on and blinks. happened the first day i had the car. when i shift over into sport mode from regular automatic it wont allow me to shift with the steering shifter or by the stick. i took it to the dealer i bought it from they kept it for a week and said it was fine.(yeah far from it) the day i picked it back up from them it kept on doing it randomly.... is there anyone that knows what it is i'm fed up with going back to the dealer and losing my car for days on end.

thanks alot Nick

It could be a speed sensor malfunctioning like it was here: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84513, or it could be something worse. I think you need to take the car to the dealer when the light is actually flashing and ask them to use their Subaru Select Monitor to pull the code. That should give you some more info as to what it could be.

i took it to the dealer i bought it from they kept it for a week and said it was fine.
Unless you bought the car from them "as is" and it was clearly stated as such, then you likely have at least some kind of basic warranty from them (90 days, 1yr/10000mi, whatever). Check your paperwork and state laws.

Not to be the typical cynic, but I'd suspect that they know there is a problem and it will cost them (maybe a lot) to fix it per your warranty and they are trying to just make you give up pursuing it with them out of frustration.

it could be a speed sensor malfunctioning like it was here: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84513, or it could be something worse. I think you need to take the car to the dealer when the light is actually flashing and ask them to use their subaru select monitor to pull the code. That should give you some more info as to what it could be.

+1

Unless you bought the car from them "as is" and it was clearly stated as such, then you likely have at least some kind of basic warranty from them (90 days, 1yr/10000mi, whatever). Check your paperwork and state laws.

Not to be the typical cynic, but I'd suspect that they know there is a problem and it will cost them (maybe a lot) to fix it per your warranty and they are trying to just make you give up pursuing it with them out of frustration.

It also depends on the state you live in, like Illinois has almost no lemon laws, which means if you buy a car with no warrenty then your screwed. Up here in WI all dealers are made by law to cover the car for 90 days.

thanks everyone for your help i printed the page off and was like here you go to the tech i got tired of driving 1:45 mins away 5 times just for the dealer to tell me it was fixed each time thank god for 30 day warranties

so they ordered both front and rear speed sensors and a transmission harness

Archived