LegacyGT.com

Is this the wrong forum for me?

Actually, i think people are pretty tolerant of grammar and spelling on here. The larger issue is not searching before posting threads, etc.

And that's the heart of the issue. Most new members, with little to no experience in Subarus (or even an on-line forum), post up questions without first searching through the pertinent forums.

Taking a few minutes to Searchwill yield at least some, if not all, info that a member is looking for and enable them to ask clarifying questions for info they don't yet have.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll notice that I do not have many posts. That does not mean I am not an active member. I'm here researching almost everyday and if you get through all the hazing and smarta$$ comments, you can find some pretty priceless information.

I am new into modding my '05 so my input is not as valuable as others here so I am going to use that to my advantage and learn from their experiences.

Here is a tip. When I have a question, what I have figured works good is to begin like you are starting a new thread. Write down a pretty generic title, for instance, "What tires should I get." The forum program will then list open threads that have a similar title. Now listen very carefully.

DO NOT POST THE NEW THREAD!

Simply click one of those threads and most likely your initial question will be answered and then some. If that doesn't work for me, I just use the search function, but most likely, I get more accurate results with the former method.

Have fun and listen before you speak.

Joel

Actually, i think people are pretty tolerant of grammar and spelling on here. The larger issue is not searching before posting threads, etc.

:whore:

I kant speel fer shiet and dey dona maka funa mie:)

but i really have horrible spelling and sentence structure at times. that shouldn't be the main issue. When I first got here I did a lot of reading and learned whole lot about my car that way. make sure to click the "new posts" tab regularly and check out some new topics. always interesting things to read about in there. Also, use the "advanced search" you can find what your looking for a lot better.

You'll notice that I do not have many posts. That does not mean I am not an active member. I'm here researching almost everyday and if you get through all the hazing and smarta$$ comments, you can find some pretty priceless information.

I am new into modding my '05 so my input is not as valuable as others here so I am going to use that to my advantage and learn from their experiences.

Here is a tip. When I have a question, what I have figured works good is to begin like you are starting a new thread. Write down a pretty generic title, for instance, "What tires should I get." The forum program will then list open threads that have a similar title. Now listen very carefully.

DO NOT POST THE NEW THREAD!

Simply click one of those threads and most likely your initial question will be answered and then some. If that doesn't work for me, I just use the search function, but most likely, I get more accurate results with the former method.

Joel

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

you'll notice that i do not have many posts. That does not mean i am not an active member. I'm here researching almost everyday and if you get through all the hazing and smarta$$ comments, you can find some pretty priceless information.

I am new into modding my '05 so my input is not as valuable as others here so i am going to use that to my advantage and learn from their experiences.

Here is a tip. When i have a question, what i have figured works good is to begin like you are starting a new thread. Write down a pretty generic title, for instance, "what tires should i get." the forum program will then list open threads that have a similar title. Now listen very carefully.

Do not post the new thread!

Simply click one of those threads and most likely your initial question will be answered and then some. If that doesn't work for me, i just use the search function, but most likely, i get more accurate results with the former method.

Joel

+1 !

which oil is best for my LGT? i was told Mobile 1 but after using it for months i noticed that my performance has suffered. my car went from low 12's in the 1/4 mile to mid 13's. :mad:

I don't think it's the oil's fault. Did you by any chance get soap on your intercooler?

It's an online forum, if you don't have perfect grammar you will get picked on.

Good. At least, in my opinion.

If teachers and parents aren't showing people how to actually compose a sentence, then someone should. Now, how kindly or rudely this is done, is another story altogether. ;)

Yes, I know it's "only a forum". Or is it? The internet is where the world spends its time, now. If we don't take the time to project ourselves as intelligent, why shouldn't the people we're conversing with, just assume otherwise?

I'm certainly no Ph.D. in sentence structure nor literature in general. What I do have, however, is a healthy respect for written language.

Hell, when I got my first subaru (almost 3 years ago, which was my first sedan & mt tranny), all I did was read & research for a year before I really needed to ask a single question.. Of course I asked stupid questions, got flamed and quickly learned my lesson. Most new members don't know what a 'Sticky' is, or how to follow sub forums. Three years later, I have a very basic knowledge of the entire car's components, and I'm doing my own maintenance/modding. The info is all here, just need to learn how a forum works & start reading..

I was an avid nasioc & rs25 member before I joined here, which would permit a 'skip intro' feature when registering..

Well, I don't know. I, too, spent time at NASIOC, and I'm thinking that people who switch from there to here ought to be required to do double orientations, to help them shed all their nasiocy ways. :p HPH

True dat! Going from I-Club to the tear-apart/standup of Nasioc was a real experience. I've been in "treatment" ever since. :eek:

But BOT - someone much wiser than me said it best. "Search is your friend."

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

That is why I posted this thread, so u can fools of your self. I had fun entertaining my self....

wow, if that's true then don't come here looking for advice in the future, how does the expression go? Don't bite the hand that feeds?....

That is why I posted this thread, so u can fools of your self. I had fun entertaining my self....

I recommend that you leave this forum and do not any longer associate yourself with other Legacy owners. You ask for help, ignore the suggestions you are given, and then insult those who took the time to try to help you. If you are, in fact, over the age of 16, your parents have failed you miserably.

Guest heightsgtltd

:lol: :lol: Nice going.. now the gloves are off

Darwin should be knocking on your door quite soon :spin:

Archived