LegacyGT.com

Any experience with "Drag" brand wheels? Junk? Rota much better?

caramall2

I have them. no major issues really. from my view point it doesn't make much sense to pay alot for wheels that may get bent and you have to replace. love high priced wheels, but since my car sees off road sometimes, it didn't make sense for me to break the bank on wheels.

here are some pics of mine:

PB230011.thumb.jpg.84d321b2829ca08264f53a4059069b58.jpg

P6220014.thumb.jpg.e0ebfafd71b9f0d2ea2b0d54a3fd6809.jpg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Yes, I've seen the humorous shots of busted up rota wheels if that's what you mean ;-) Most don't really say "how" it happened though (did the guy hit a 6" curb?).

I have track tires on Konig wheels (feathers) and they seem like a quality lower price.

My buddy has drags on his car and has had them for 3 yrs..no problem. As for cheaper rims getting damaged easily..it depends what your asking from the rim. I know 4 people who have damaged volks and one who has damaged rotas $$$ doesnt guarantee they wont be damaged, safer yes but anything can break. Plus one guy had to wait 3 months to get his replacement te-37 from japan and paid $500 for it..damaged rota took a week or so and cost $200? With that said, I want advans but will get rotas. =)

thanks. sometimes I'm not so sure I like them, but then I get nice remarks on them. bent one recently, so I gotta replace it next spring.:mad:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Why not just have it fixed?

good question. was under the impression from my mechanic that it couldn't. look into that.

thanks

Expensive wheels are like gold-plating the plastic under-car dams.....why spend lots of money on something that sees a terrible beating and whose damage you can't truly control.

I've avoided curbing my wheels (stock wheels), but after 2 years/50k miles, they've got rock scratches and random nicks and such. And I hit one unavoidable pothole at 60mph which put a massive bubble in one tire. Why would I want to expose $500 to that?

I'd rather expose $200 :)

Joe

I actually got hit by someone parking and they scratched my wheels. No wheels is going to hold up to something like that. And yes rocks scratch. I agree with what everyone is saying. It's a wheel, it is inches from the road, rocks, gravel, dirt all that stuff can damage it so why spend 2000 on rims that will get submitted to this abuse.

Archived