LegacyGT.com

Hissing noise 5eat

Threelions23

I did a search but nothing came up on this,

when the car is in drive (auto) its fine but when i switch to sport it hisses when not in motion, i noticed it at a drive thru when i was waiting there i can hear it with the door open aswell?!, its been there since stock,

does anyone else hear it on their 5eats?

I see IPT has got fully built trannys for sale for 5k, but if you send your working 5eat to them i wonder if its cheaper to have it built up to the same spec?

while you were in the drive through did you go back and forth between Sport and Drive to see if it would go away?

i've heard a high pitched sound when sitting in first gear sometimes. if i switched to second (while still sitting) it would go away, then return when i went back down to first. havent really paid attention lately to see if its still there...

yeah when i go into sport mode the hissing sound starts, when I'm in auto it theres nothing. (while stationary in sport) when i switch from 1st into 2nd it stops for 1-2 seconds then comes back it seems only when its engaged on the gear it hisses.. then i put it back to auto and it is gone, i don't notice any change in behavior with the tranny as far as driving goes in sport or auto mode from when i purchased the car to now (2 years).

BTW the sound is like a bicycle puncture.

Archived