LegacyGT.com

Help-High Beams are out

I recently replaced my low beams with Silvania Superstar Ultras and disabled the DRL's at the same time. The new bulb were great, however, I've been noticing the past week or so that they don't seem as bright as they used to but thought maybe it was just me. Then the other night I went to hit the high beams and both of those out completely! I haven't checked bulbs or fuses yet, haven't had time, but does this sound familiar to anyone.....?? Relay??

I disabled the DRL's by unplugging the white plug on the fire wall under the dash as described in the "Free Mods" section. So I checked bulbs and fuses last night and everything was fine. Just for sh*t's I plugged the DRL plug back in and everything worked again. So how did everything stop working all of the sudden?? When I first disabled the DRL's all lights worked as they should have.

You need to leave the plug connected and remove the one wire, blue with black tracer everything will work except the DRLs, I just did this.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=913328&postcount=67

+1

Subaru made changes on the '07 models and just unplugging the white plug ended up disabling the high beams and fog lights along with the DRL's. You have to disconnect the blue/black wire (either cut it or remove it from the connector with the instructions in the post above) and plug the white connector back in.

May be they haven't fixed that problem yet. Seems the only bulbs you can use are from the dealer. There's a link here somewhere. My 05 kept burning the Silver Stars. Years ago I bought the $21.00 Subaru bulbs and have no more problems.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12570&highlight=head+lights

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived