LegacyGT.com

Engine immobilizer: Yes on GT Wagon, No on GT Sedan !?

I understand your points Kevin and I do agree with you for the most part. If these bring the respect that the WRX brought the Impreza, though, 'joyride' theft could very well shoot through the moonroofs. -Allen

I too was upset about this when I first noticed it. In fact I sent an email to Subaru about this (and the lack of auto climate control) in the GT sedan. This is what I got in response: "I have been advised by our Product Planning Department that the 2005 Legacy GT Sedan (non-limited) comes standard with the engine immobilizer and key. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate that you brought it to our attention." Of course, the same guy said the GT (non-limited) does not come with dual-zone auto climate control, though many on this forum have seen that it does. My GT sedan will arrive in one or two weeks. I'll be interested to see for myself if it comes with either or both of these things. Or maybe someone who's actually been in a GT sedan on a dealer lot can fill us in...

Unfortunately, the Canadian version is not representative of the US model. But It is puzzling that the two features left out on the brochure is said to be on the regular GT anyway. We can only wait for more eyes-on confirmation to be sure. As for the alarm system, there is always a risk of theft, I agree the legacy is just a smaller risk than the rest. My point is that an aftermarket system is a better deterent in event of a theft.

Archived