LegacyGT.com

Average cost to tint your Legacy?

OCDetails

I dont' know why it has to be moved. Its a question geared specifically to Legacys so I figured having it in that forum would be a good place for it. Tint isn't exterior anyway. Its interior.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez, so I am on the way high end... i'd be curious to find out if anyone that has posted so far has gotten Ceramic or knows what kind they did get... If not, where are all the other ceramic users and what did they pay?

Re: OCDetails and the Zymol--- really? I used to detail for a while and it was always - "upsell the Zymol" What do you think the best price/perfomance product is out there? PM so as not to take the thread too far OT...

$345 - 35% F1 Pinnacle ceramic tint on my Legacy Sedan.

Thank god I'm not the only one. How do you like the Pinnacle? I emailed ForumulaOne the other day since I have to get my tint changed to 50% in the front for VA, and man did they know their stuff and were very response. Very good company, great product.

~$250 for wagon, Llumar non-metallic, 40 front, 35 the rest

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1913

It looks darker than it really is in the above pic because it's close to dusk. Below probably looks lighter than it really is because of the snow. Imagine somewhere between the two.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3683

Thank god I'm not the only one. How do you like the Pinnacle? I emailed ForumulaOne the other day since I have to get my tint changed to 50% in the front for VA, and man did they know their stuff and were very response. Very good company, great product.

This is the first vehicle I ever had tinted, I'm somewhat conflicted when it comes to tint, I like privacy and keeping out excess light but I also don't want the cabin too dark or have trouble seeing at night. I thinks this tint at 35% strikes a nice balance, it lets plenty of light in but still gives me a good sense of privacy. It looks classy and fits the character of the car perfectly. I will also be installing navigation so I wanted to avoid metallic tint. I had mine tinted at LA Tint in Alexandria, they did a great job I highly recommend them.

This is the first vehicle I ever had tinted, I'm somewhat conflicted when it comes to tint, I like privacy and keeping out excess light but I also don't want the cabin too dark or have trouble seeing at night. I thinks this tint at 35% strikes a nice balance, it lets plenty of light in but still gives me a good sense of privacy. It looks classy and fits the character of the car perfectly. I will also be installing navigation so I wanted to avoid metallic tint. I had mine tinted at LA Tint in Alexandria, they did a great job I highly recommend them.

The metallic tint shouldn't screw up your GPS. If you have an aftermarket nav unit on your dash it gets the signal through your front windshield (which I'm sure isn't tinted) or if it's installed there's usually an external GPS antenna, which likewise won't get screwed up.

I have metallic tint and it hasn't really affected my radio reception.

tom

tom :)

I'm doing Llumar on all seven windows (3 sides and back) plus the sunroof which is just too clear for my tastes. The back five windows get 35% and the roof and the two fronts will be 51% for $250. Company is here in San Diego and is called Detail Works. Linky: http://www.detailworks.com/ provides some good detailing tips too.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I got the metallic Llumar 20% in back and 50% in front on Saturday for $169. It looks really good. I'll have to post pics when the sun is out. Its amazing how dark the 20% looks when you are trying to look into a black interior. My Acura had a sort of grey interior and 20% looked really dark. This looks more like 5% but without the visibility issues. I'm very happy.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Folger Subaru is having a get together Sat March 12th in Charlotte and someone is doing a special that day for $100. They have done this before and every one has been happy. I am going to get mine done that day. Limit in NC is 35% i believe.

State Tint Limits I don't know how up to date that is, but it looks current to me. Damn those guys at the tint shop... I told them that I could go darker than 50 and they didn't believe me. I told them that I just had my Accord tinted last year and the limit was 43%. They insisted that the limit is 50% and wouldn't go any darker. Grrrr.... I'll have to call them on that. I want it 43%. Here is another chart for comparison.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived