LegacyGT.com

I Cant Wait..............

Hey whats up Subbie riders, Im planning to get a black LGT next year. Just doing some research. Never owned a Subaru before, but rode in the STI. I see too much of the same stuff, but never seen a LGT in Columbus. So I cant wait for the LGT. Aint the motor the same as the STI?? Im just wondering but let me know if Im wrong so I can get my facts straight. Thanks

Loving the site:spin:

9/10 components are the same. The motor has slightly different redline, different turbo, different intake manifold, and some other minor details. I took 6 months debating between the LGT and STI and ended up with the Leggy and dont regret it one bit, especially hearing my STI buddy talk about his $1,500 brake job the other day from all daily driving. :lol:
^ n00bs below this line

Yea I see too many STI,s Evos, WAY TOO MANY HONDAS. I wanted to go different, and the LGT always had my eye. And plus I like to have room for my friends, cause i have a 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse and they do not like the back seat . So this LGT is what Im looking for, Looks, Performance, Sedan, Interior. I cant wait ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

If you can afford it, definitely wait for the 2010 upgrades.... of course people will argue you shouldn't buy a car right after they make a lot of changes.... yada yada......

It sounds like your looking to buy your first new car (I was there too) I suggest saving like crazy and getting what you want with a payment you can afford. My first time around I wanted a new car... and bought what I could afford, I regretted not getting a WRX over an 2.5RS for 2.5 years until I could afford my LGT. Looking back I wish I would have stuck with my old paid off car, saved for another year and got what I wanted....

Best of luck, you'll love every minute of it... I grin every time I drive her :)

Wow, first guy to reply with more than 500 posts... :lol:

Yeah, the LGt and STI have the same block, but as urs said, it has a smaller turbo and intercooler and a different intake manifold. Good luck with GT and enjoy the site. :)

Ben

Definitiely wait until the 2010 model comes out. It will be larger and will probably have an upgrade in everything, or if not, you can get a sweet deal on an 09. The Sti definitely has more power/performance, but the LGT his more luxury. I would suggest you test drive both, possibly multiple times.

Archived