LegacyGT.com

First delivery taken on 05 Leg GT

[quote name='leondal']I checked out the new legacies today. Didn't like them all that much. They look too much like Volvos. Subaru isn't getting another penny from me anyways, but even so, I was not entirely impressed.[/quote] Then find a car that you like, and leave us be. Your grouse would have been valid had you said the sedan is reminiscent of an Altima, something which has been pointed out before. But in fact, close perusal will demonstrate that the Legacies look nothing like Volvos, particularly the wagon, where Volvo hews to the big box theory, except with the new V40 wagon, which has a rather odd pinched butt look. And to cross-post both here and at NASIOC about a car you don't like...why bother with the effort? Kevin

I checked them out for the first time today as well and they looked okay, a bit bland though and the atlantic blue doesn't really look like that pic above in the showroom. It's pretty plain in the sunlight. I don't find it unique at all. I hope the midnight blue which I didn't get to see is richer and nicer.

[img]http://forum.e46fanatics.com/images/smilies/whacky10.gif[/img] Yeah, I found the same. The Legacy is rather "Japan Inc" in terms of styling. And the AB just didn't trip my trigger. But that won't stop me from getting the GT wagon. :) Fortunately with the new Legacy's, there is more than meets the eye. :)

Interestingly, I don't think the new Legacy, contrary to the howls based in expectations that the GT was to be as visually extroverted as the STi, is designed to stand out. It, from all that I read, is supposed to be a classy, understated drivers car, which is what it looks like...very classy, very subtle. But this is how it has always looked in the pictures as well, so I guess I'm just not certain what everyone was expecting, when they saw the car in person. I was expecting precisely what I got, and was surprised only by how the car's proportions made the 16-inch wheels look so small. :lol: The wagon vs. sedan aesthetic impressions are even more noticeable in real life, IMHO. I'm with racerdave on the blues...neither one got me going. Unfortunately, they didn't have a red in...would have liked to have seen that color in person. The WRX and the STi are the "Hey, looka me," cars. More in the Legacy's price range (though above it) the Acura TL has those same kind of noticeable looks, that are a bit much to my eyes. It's on the tarty side of classy. I think the Legacy sedan might be a bit TOO understated, but that's never a bad thing, given the performance capabilities of this car. I like the looks of the new Maxima, as sedans go. The Mazda 6 is a bit too swoopy for my styles, but both are certainly nice-looking cars. I also wonder if Subaru wanted to retain something of a family resemblance to the previous cars, which explains the conservative design. But from having a hood scoop that slopes down into the hood rather than standing up, to it sleek lines and lack of brightwork, I think Subaru was going for subtle elegance. To my eyes, they have succeeded, but only the marketplace will ultimately tell us if they in fact have. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Interestingly, I don't think the new Legacy, contrary to the howls based in expectations that the GT was to be as visually extroverted as the STi, is designed to stand out. It, from all that I read, is supposed to be a classy, understated drivers car, which is what it looks like...very classy, very subtle. But this is how it has always looked in the pictures as well, so I guess I'm just not certain what everyone was expecting, when they saw the car in person. I was expecting precisely what I got, and was surprised only by how the car's proportions made the 16-inch wheels look so small. :lol: The wagon vs. sedan aesthetic impressions are even more noticeable in real life, IMHO. I'm with racerdave on the blues...neither one got me going. Unfortunately, they didn't have a red in...would have liked to have seen that color in person. The WRX and the STi are the "Hey, looka me," cars. More in the Legacy's price range (though above it) the Acura TL has those same kind of noticeable looks, that are a bit much to my eyes. It's on the tarty side of classy. I think the Legacy sedan might be a bit TOO understated, but that's never a bad thing, given the performance capabilities of this car. I like the looks of the new Maxima, as sedans go. The Mazda 6 is a bit too swoopy for my styles, but both are certainly nice-looking cars. I also wonder if Subaru wanted to retain something of a family resemblance to the previous cars, which explains the conservative design. But from having a hood scoop that slopes down into the hood rather than standing up, to it sleek lines and lack of brightwork, I think Subaru was going for subtle elegance. To my eyes, they have succeeded, but only the marketplace will ultimately tell us if they in fact have. Kevin[/quote] I got exactly what I wanted when I saw the car. As a matter of fact the car looked better in person than it did on the screen. The GT rims look absolutely awesome. I am a big fan of both the sedan and the wagon. In truth I almost switch my mind back to sedan after seeing it, but will go with the wagon simply because I know that it's something that I need to get. I love both of them. When you see the GT's 17" rims, you won't think that they are too small.. in truth they look perfect. I will more than likely put on a set of 18"s within the first year. The car is subtle.. which is exactly what I want. In other news. I got a ride along all weekend on road trip with a freind of mine that has a Forester XT. It's a sweeeeet ride. That thing is a torque monster compared to the WRX. I was very impressed. I can't wait to feel the GT's engine.. It's going to be unreal. Mated with a nice, smooth 5 speed, it's going to be a dream to drive.

Well, I just swung by the dealer and saw 3 Legacys, one on which was an Atlantic Blue wagon. Not a bad color, but disappointing...I was with my wife and she immediately said "looks green".

The color is not at all like the two pictures I posted near the beginning of this thread, but is like this one.

They also had a silver sedan and silver wagon. Nice, but my current car is silver. AB is out for me. It will be between Regal Blue and Red

05legacyab.jpg.40e6bd857f2d249fd26aa51530e60440.jpg

Think the US and Canadian bumpers use the same bumper beam? If so, the swap won't be nearly as pricey as the bumper-bemoaners might have feared :) Lets see how many put their money where their mouth is! Personally, I like the Spec B bumper.

I was sure that Atlantic Blue was the color for me but I am leaning more to the classic (some say boring) silver. My dealer has a GT Ltd Atlantic Blue and a GT Silver coming on a couple of weeks (both 5 speed wagons). Interestingly, for me anyway, I parked my Silver 02 WRX nose-to-nose with a Silver 2.5i to compare colors. The legacy Silver has overtones of the new Crystal Grey in the STi. Tom

[quote name='goneskiian'] That's not a Canadian Legacy. That's a JDM version in that picture. I think he was just using it as a color example. [/quote] Right! Sorry for the false hopes. Actually, I think bumper standards are slightly more stringent here in Canada than in the US. However, many manufacturers choose to apply these standards to their US models also, so as to simplify production. We have the same situation with Daytime Running Lights: a Canadian standard overflowing on the US side. In conclusion...You can probably partly blame the bigger North American bumpers on Canada :twisted:

[quote name='BernardP'] In conclusion...You can probably partly blame the bigger North American bumpers on Canada :twisted:[/quote] [South Park]Blame Canada! Blame Canada![/South Park] Times have changed, Our kids are getting worse They won't obey their parents, They just want to fart and curse. Should we blame the government, or blame society, or should we blame the images on tv No! Blame Canada! Blame Canada With all their beady little eyes, their flapping heads so full of lies Blame Canada! Blame Canada! We need to form a full assault, it's Canada's fault! Don't blame me, for my son Stan, He saw the darn cartoon, and now he's off to join the klan!> And my boy eric once, had my picture on his shelf, but now when I see him, he tells me to f___ myself> Well, Blame Canada! It seems that everything's gone wrong since Canada came along Blame Canada! Blame Canada! They're not even a real country anyway. My son could of been a doctor or a lawer, it's a true, Instead he burned up like a piggie on a barbecue> Should we blame the matches? Should we blame the fire, or the doctor who allowed him to expire. Heck no! Blame Canada! Blame Canada! With all their hockey hubaloo and that bitch Anne Murray too. Blame Canada! Shame on Canada! The smut we must stop The trash we must smash Laughter and fun must all be undone We must blame them and cause a fuss Before someone thinks of blaming us!

Nice Preston! :lol: Well I'm glad everyone else isn't getting Atlantic then. :D Of what I saw of it in person (not in the sun though, we haven't had sun for enough days, I don't remember what it is), it looked rather rich and sleek. Maybe the one I saw (2.5i Wagon) they screwed up the paint job and made it look even better. :lol:

[quote name='BernardP']Well, I just swung by the dealer and saw 3 Legacys, one on which was an Atlantic Blue wagon. Not a bad color, but disappointing...I was with my wife and she immediately said "looks green". The color is not at all like the two pictures I posted near the beginning of this thread, but is like this one. They also had a silver sedan and silver wagon. Nice, but my current car is silver. AB is out for me. It will be between Regal Blue and Red[/quote] For some reason my local dealer has a lot of atlantic blue(green) Legacies & Outbacks. I'm beginning to think that this will be the new popular color instead of all the green outbacks running around.

The Dual Exhaust is partly styling, partly performance, however the 05 Legacy( 04 JDM onwards) has different exhaust routing (i.e. more efficient ) hence the loss of the distinctive boxer sound . The opposing cylinders are now joined, instead of the originally pairing of each side of the boxer engine. The gives a more even efficient exhaust pulse , which works wonders on the Turbo Versions . I have just purchased a JDM model 04(05 USDM ) GT B Spec Legacy Wagon , as New Zealand is the only country outside of Japan that officially gets JDM spec . It differs from the US spec car , which I believe has been highlighted on this site somewhere , buts here’s the blurb More aggressive body kit STD Leather Interior, Heated, 8way Electric Drivers seat STD Wagon Spoiler STD 13 Speaker Audio (incl subwoofer) 18” alloys HID headlights 2.0 Liter DOHC Turbo, Mitsubishi Variable Blade Twin Scroll Turbo (Same as fitted to the Mitsubishi Evolution Cars) 280HP @ 6500rpm, 260 ft/lbs @2400 rpm. 5spd manual (5 spd Sportshift Auto , detuned to 260hp) This is my fourth legacy Turbo, after an 89 RS Turbo (sedan), 95 GT Twin Turbo (Wag) , 01 GTB Twin Turbo wagon , this one rocks on the performance front , A local mag has tested 0-100km time for the sedan @ 5.57 seconds , which is about 1 second quicker that the old Twin Turbo model. They retail for about 60K NZD which is about 36K USD . The NZ website has some reasonable pictures of the colors etc .. [url]www.subaru.co.nz[/url] , I have also mooched around the Japanese websites [url]www.subaru.co.jp[/url] , a little bit difficult to navigate but some nice pictures etc .. Cheers

[quote name='BernardP'] In conclusion...You can probably partly blame the bigger North American bumpers on Canada :twisted:[/quote] [Peter Griffin]Which is more then we can say about those freeloading Canadians...............CANADA SUCKS![/Peter Griffin] :lol:

Archived