LegacyGT.com

New Tune on '09 SpecB

grimlin

So I picked an '09 Legacy SpecB about two months ago. Mods so far:

Perrin TMIC

Grimmspeed 38mm External Waste Gate

Perrin Downpipe (which will be replaced with a Grimmspeed dp in 2weeks)

Magnaflow Exhaust

GM 3port bcs

Lightweight Crank pulley

Tuned Opensource by Keith (www.awdtuning.com)

We put a conservative daily driving tune on it, since I'm changing a few things next week and I'm running on a patched tire (building a house next door :mad:) but I'm still pretty happy with the numbers. Running 248whp and 288ft-lbs of tq.

Mary

well.. funny you should ask. :lol: From what I understand there isn't a bracket that fits the newer turbos.. yet. But since Keith is a Grimmspeed dealer, he had a few brackets sitting around and he used a VF bracket and modified it.

Yeah, I know that there isn't alot of advantages with the stock turbo, but I wanted the noise and I had one sitting around in the garage just collecting dust. (it's off of my husband's car which is currently under construction for a build)

Very nice setup!

What advantage is there with EWG on a stock turbo?

Basically - It produces a more efficient environment for any turbo. It bleeds off unnecessary hot exhausts that are no longer required to maintain target boost.

It also helps regulate creep, prevents over boosting, and helps spool the turbo as fast as possible.

Yeah, I know that there isn't alot of advantages with the stock turbo, but I wanted the noise and I had one sitting around in the garage just collecting dust. (it's off of my husband's car which is currently under construction for a build)

Well...if you had one laying around, then hell yeah.

You can continue to use a LGT specific DP?

Basically - It produces a more efficient environment for any turbo. It bleeds off unnecessary hot exhausts that are no longer required to maintain target boost.

It also helps regulate creep, prevents over boosting, and helps spool the turbo as fast as possible.

Thanks.

:whore:

EWG:wub:

Is the Grimmspeed dp in production? I have been watching for it for a little while.

No, not yet. It's still in development. My husband is a Grimmspeed dealer and we are testing out the new downpipe. I've had it in my garage for about a month, but it doesn't fit the legacy.. yet. They are fabbing a mid-pipe extension for my car so it will fit. Can't wait. :)

well.. funny you should ask. :lol: From what I understand there isn't a bracket that fits the newer turbos.. yet. But since Keith is a Grimmspeed dealer, he had a few brackets sitting around and he used a VF bracket and modified it.

New turbo?

Can you read the inscription? Can you tell us what is the RHFxxx number and VFyyy number?

man i want a grimmspeed DP, any idea how long till they come out and approx price? if its going to be too long then i might just get the harman motive one...seeing your numbers makes me want to drive up to the denton area to get a tune today...i think i talked to keith before about me coming up from abilene, are these the numbers i should expect to see?

Archived