LegacyGT.com

New Tune on '09 SpecB

grimlin

New turbo?

Can you read the inscription? Can you tell us what is the RHFxxx number and VFyyy number?

infamous answered this.... there are different brackets for the many styles of turbos...

Keith didn't have one here designed for a vf46 so he made one

wow this is great news gremlin!! that is awesome that our ewg up pipe fits the legacy GTs.

as for the downpipe. we are just a few weeks away from releasing it. we are in the middle of getting that extension made up to see if we can make a wrx style downpipe fit a leggy gt.

Justin

• 1 year later...

made quite a few changes in the last year..

March- 2009

When Keith first asked me to convert my Legacy to E-85 I was very, very hesitate. I was nervous about the lack of E-85 stations. (I AM that person that runs my V8 Durango on empty for a few days before I stop to get gas ). Keith went on and on about how it would make more power on E-85 and how it would be better for my engine, but all I could think about was the lack of stations. BUT then I saw how many people were wanting E-85 tunes. And then I saw the need for more research.. and not from a tuning point of view, but from a real person's point of view. I saw the need to experience the daily life of an E-85 tune so I would be able to educate people on exactly what they were getting into. So I agreed...

And thus my quest begain...

(Disclaimer: I did things to my car that I would NOT advise anyone to do. My car is and will always be used as a test car for new products, new tuning ideas and different experiments. Sometimes we push the envelope and it pushes back. So Please Please speak to your tuner or mechanic before you do ANYTHING)

The first test that we did on the car was to see if it could handle the E-85 tune without changing anything about the current set-up. This meant, not modifying my injectors, not upgrading my fuel pump as recommended, etc. We simply drained ALL the 93 oct, and started tuning. The results were interesting.The car ran just fine, but I didn't really see that much of a difference, expect for the slipping clutch. Keith played around with different tuning options for a while and I was pretty happy with the end result.

We ran that set-up for about 6 weeks.

E-85 Tune on stock un-modified injectors 298whp, 300tq and 17 mpg

So when we first tuned on the E-85 the first thing we noticed was the clutch slipping. At the time my car was about 6-7 months old and only had 10,000 miles on it. So the next thing we did was upgrade to an ACT HDSS clutch and the lightweight flywheel. Instantly I noticed a difference. (I would strongly recommend to anyone thinking about doing an E-85 tune to go a head and put in a new clutch to save yourself time and money in the long run)

Right around the same time we added the

-Perrin EL Headers

-Modified the stock injectors

-TGV Deletes

My final numbers were 315whp, 340tq and 30 mpg.

Archived