LegacyGT.com

New Subaru TV commericals...

[quote name='goneskiian']BTW, if anyone gets OLN, last Thursday night on "The Lance Chronicles" it showed a behind the scenes look at him filming some comercials in Holywood. When he was trying to do the "My work is done here." ending of the Forester comercial a dog kept barking in the background! It was quite funny. -Ian[/quote] A bit OT, but those "Lance Chronicles" shows are hilarious. There's the one that tours the chateau at which he and the USPS team stay when in Europe. Lance is showing the art on the walls, etc., getting fitted for his Madone and generally being catered to, while Sheryl Crow is padding around the house, worrying about his chamois (in his padded cycling shorts). Must be nice. Sure beats sleeping 6 to a room in the Euro equivalent of the Super 8. :lol: Kevin

To continue a bit OT.... Kev, That was LANCE'S house in Girona, Spain! It wouldn't have been a big shocker if it was for the whole team, but alas it's just for Lance. I agree, very nice place. I think he said he spent like 30 nights in it last year. OUCH! :o :o :lol: :lol: I agree the part with Sheryl scrutinizing the chamois was hilarious! :lol: :lol: -Ian

I enjoyed both the commercials and the Lance Chronicles. There, on topic AND off. I think they're definitely heading in the right direction with the ads; they're such an improvement over "grip", "forcefield", etc. I still think they should use the global Subaru slogan: "Think - Feel - Drive" rather than "Driven By What's Inside", but I think they're kind of stuck with that given their spokesman.

I finally saw part of the Outback commercial on the Weather Channel. They didn't come out and say need/desire, but at the end, Lance said something about being for "both of us" or something like that. The image split to him dressed nice and a secondary image of him in his race gear showing the split personality of the car.

I've seen the OB commercials (thanks to TiVo), but I'm not quite sure what their messaging is. What's up with the X-ray vision comment? The WRX commercials when they came out -- now THOSE worked for me. "Without Subaru AWD, you can't touch this". Loved that line! Ken

The original ones were just that, original, and it was all about the car, even with the soothin female voice copy-over. The Alec Baldwin is an interesting twist, not completely sure if I like it, perhaps it's the wording they make him speak. He has the voice for that upscale image.

For those that don't like the Armstrong TV spots, check out the Subaru, two page print advert in the July issue of Car & Driver. Talk about gutsy in your face marketing and image reseting. The faster than Porsche, faster than BMW, sexy pictues is pure testoserone marketing that hits like a 2X4 to the forehead. Bye the way, for a large portion of Subaru's bread & butter market, Armstrong in his "USA" postal jersey sends a powerful message of performance, what's inside that counts, the best witout being too trendy, overcomming all odds..... I hope Subaru is rewarded by the mass market so they will continue to invest in running gear that the small market of enthsiasts live for.

Archived