LegacyGT.com

Track only rotors?

LittleBlueGT

I am slowly getting myself ready for some track days next year.

I have heard from a few sources that running track pads and then street pads is not a good thing. You get an uneven pad transfer layer, then have lots of problems.

Do you guys that track your cars have two sets of rotors, or do you have street pads that seem to be agreeable with your track pads?

One set of rotors. How aggressive of a track pad are we talking? I run SS-M on the street and XP8's on the track (although my next set of track pads will be more aggressive). After a lapping day in Sept, my brakes were a little noisier but it has gone away with normal street driving on the street pads. Also, if you get serious about tracking, brake ducts would probably do a lot to help. Next year I might seriously look into a set.

Running dedicated track rotors eliminates the need for rebedding every time you switch from street to track pads. This may seem like a lot of work, but it sure beats the consequences of doing a crappy job of rebedding. Just contact magnetic1 and do what he says:):)

It also depends on what street pads you are running. Sometimes pad materials are not compatible.

Having a second set of track rotors wouldnt hurt, and they can be had cheap.

I have a front BBK w/2-piece rotors.

This means either new rotors and hats (not cheap) or just new rotors with multiple sets of new hardware, which is majorly time consuming and even more expensive in the long term.

I have a front BBK w/2-piece rotors.

This means either new rotors and hats (not cheap) or just new rotors with multiple sets of new hardware, which is majorly time consuming and even more expensive in the long term.

DOH. That sucks. In your case, Id just use one set unless you get some nice lottery wins.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

DOH. That sucks. In your case, Id just use one set unless you get some nice lottery wins.

I might get two sets if I need to.

On the other hand I heard the Mintec is coming out with a track pad that is very similar in composition to the Motorsport Xtremes (my current street pad that I really like).

I hear that they work on the same rotor.

Archived