LegacyGT.com

? about TDC maps

Yebbey

well after thinking about it, in my case, I don't think it's such a wrong thing. I bought the AP from TDC and paid the extra for their map with it with the understanding that they would adjust the map for future mods free of charge. Now, I understand that they were getting a lot of requests for map updates, but if when I bought the map that was the offer, how can you rescind that offer? Anyway, that's all moot now. I'm just trying to get a map for my car w/ my new Perrin TMIC......

The guys who were tuning for TDC are still reachable at their new shops, HB Speed and Tuning Alliance. You should contact them and see if they will still support their maps.

Especially if Jon made your map... I think he used to own TDC and now owns HB Speed, if I'm right about that then he probably will be happy to continue supporting his maps.

Just for discussion, I've got to ask: if you purchased the product from TDC and TDC is defunct, why wouldn't you be able to do with it whatever you want? Could TDC have transferred all rights to another entity prior to going out of business? Since the tuners producing the maps were acting as TDC employees when creating the maps, they wouldn't have any rights to the maps, would they? In other words, who got paid for the maps, Jon or Mike or TDC? Is there a TDC legal department we could consult?

Mark

BTW, I never got my map either.

Archived