LegacyGT.com

dear Subaru

ummm... okay.

thanks for playing. it is stupid for disabling cc on mil. their designs in general are not stupid.

not a bad suggestion on the job thing though. I can do better. May I put you down for a reference?

not bickering just having a discussion. circuits are redundant and scan more than just knock, knock check is a simple scenario and the real time is going to hit several points and/or registers several times a second. It's gate logic. They are doing it. You do not want to hear what I'm saying. It's ok.

PS - Johnson Subaru seems to be having trouble getting back on that special order oil cap. Shiyat. Guess I can charge back and order online. Screwballs.

blackfang? you work at johnson subaru or something?

blackfang? you work at johnson subaru or something?

Nope

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I don't have any way to read the code currently. Do they have a missing oil cap code?
Every 2005+ Legacy has a built-in trouble code reader that displays powertrain and chassis DTCs on your trip meter. Those Subaru engineers are pretty clever.

The ECU can only pull so much timing... if the problem is severe enough, the 8 degrees it is allowed to pull may not be enough.

It's also not just Subaru that does this.... so you must be smarter than the 500 or so engineers that designed it that way across multiple manufacturers.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Jarry, you asked a question. It would have been better with a period is all. You're welcome. Here's a free lesson in self improvement:

It's kind of like this - I know what I am talking about?

Is much more effective like this - I know what I am talking about.

It's more about confidence and intention than grammar. And holy delayed reaction batman. But I am glad you are glad.

We should have just left it with the statement of the last mod to chime in here at something like -

Deal with it. Get over it. Or something along those lines like what the dealer would say as they tell me they are more than happy to service the car and charge for it. Which is why they disable the cruise control to begin with as to my original point that no one wants to acknowledge for some reason.

special order part still not in. Looks like we get to charge back the dealer and order it from rockauto because I would have had it faster that way. I will write SPT trouble code killer on my new duct tape oil cap and post up a picture for all of you to admire shortly.

Guess we could have just read this one and left the keyboard on idel. But that would have been zero fun. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24219&highlight=trouble+code&page=4

dammit... relax fellas. just trying to have little fun at my own expense here. Rollzeyes' and smarter than ecu programmer statements aside... I'm gonna cry now. Really, I am. I feel dirty inside for questioning the fail mode of DTC light and not knowing how to read through the trip meter... but - now I do. Thanks to someone a few posts up. Cheers! I'm gonna go take a shower to remedy this dirty feeling.

With love,

Random smarter than all 500 engineers across multiple automobile platforms guy...

That's for you, wiener. If the problem is worse than 8 degrees of timing, we can trim out quite a few other parameters in parallel like fuel, boost, rev limit and more. Including all operation. But by that point, the driver should realize things are very, very bad - yea? And probably for a good reason unlike the loss of oil cap between Joe Blow's driveway and work trippin the DTC and cutting the cruise control. Which is stupid. Really stupid. Or smart for the service departments. Oh yea, shower.

Jarry, you asked a question. It would have been better with a period is all. You're welcome. Here's a free lesson in self improvement:

It's kind of like this - I know what I am talking about?

Is much more effective like this - I know what I am talking about.

It's more about confidence and intention than grammar. And holy delayed reaction batman. But I am glad you are glad.

We should have just left it with the statement of the last mod to chime in here at something like -

Deal with it. Get over it. Or something along those lines like what the dealer would say as they tell me they are more than happy to service the car and charge for it. Which is why they disable the cruise control to begin with as to my original point that no one wants to acknowledge for some reason.

special order part still not in. Looks like we get to charge back the dealer and order it from rockauto because I would have had it faster that way. I will write SPT trouble code killer on my new duct tape oil cap and post up a picture for all of you to admire shortly.

Guess we could have just read this one and left the keyboard on idel. But that would have been zero fun. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24219&highlight=trouble+code&page=4

dammit... relax fellas. just trying to have little fun at my own expense here. Rollzeyes' and smarter than ecu programmer statements aside... I'm gonna cry now. Really, I am. I feel dirty inside for questioning the fail mode of DTC light and not knowing how to read through the trip meter... but - now I do. Thanks to someone a few posts up. Cheers! I'm gonna go take a shower to remedy this dirty feeling.

With love,

Random smarter than all 500 engineers across multiple automobile platforms guy...

That's for you, wiener. If the problem is worse than 8 degrees of timing, we can trim out quite a few other parameters in parallel like fuel, boost, rev limit and more. Including all operation. But by that point, the driver should realize things are very, very bad - yea? And probably for a good reason unlike the loss of oil cap between Joe Blow's driveway and work trippin the DTC and cutting the cruise control. Which is stupid. Really stupid. Or smart for the service departments. Oh yea, shower.

:lol: srsly?

Is there a way to stop the cruise control from being disabled when the CEL is on in all of that?

I didn't think so :lol:

:lol:

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Thanks!

Oil cap is supposed to be in today - giving Johnson Subaru one more chance. Sorry, forgot to take a picture. Might still get one this evening.

Got in the car this morning and I found my cruise control disabled again. Thought of you guys. I got a warm fuzzy inside.

No jarry, not srsly. All coffee talk. I did take a shower and feel cleaner though. Ran the code. It's a P2012. TGV fault from my first search. I washed the engine the day before the oil change. Probably got water in a plug or something. Reset the fault by the battery again after pulling the code in the lot at work here today.

PS - it killed boost too. You guys know this car is a dog with no turbo? Made for a boring drive to work this morning. No boost, no cruise - oh the horror.

So no oil cap check engine light. Just a strange coincidence of events. That must be why old people hate working on new cars...

Disconnect the four TGV sensor/motor connectors and weather proof them with dielectric compound, or at least WD40, then reconnect them making sure they are secure. This has helped others eliminate this issue.

FYI, the engine cover manages water that enters the hood scoop as well as air. Without it in place there are a number of connectors that will be subject to detrimental environmental conditions. It is always a good idea to weather proof ALL connectors.

Per your P2012 CEL.. ;) I think there are only two motors/sensors tho..

CEL doesn't cut boost.... unless the CEL is due to a boost control component that isn't working.

I think you've got some other issues. And if the CC wasn't disabled, you'd be driving around with the idiot light on thinking nothing was wrong. But since you don't have your precious CC, you came here and bitched, and now we're finding out you've got some issues, possibly serious ones.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

So no oil cap check engine light. Just a strange coincidence of events. That must be why old people hate working on new cars...

I am willing to say the no oil cap did not cause the check engine light to come on. Seen a few cars missing them and no CEL.

And if the CC wasn't disabled, you'd be driving around with the idiot light on thinking nothing was wrong. But since you don't have your precious CC, you came here and bitched, and now we're finding out you've got some issues, possibly serious ones.

Hmmm I'd say taking away your precious cc is designed to do exactly that. I know more than a few people who would drive around with a check engine light on until the car threw a piston out of the hood. Then they'd say oh I guess there really was something wrong.

Archived