LegacyGT.com

clutch petal sticks/pops when released

Tuned200

I would have them bleed the system again. Maybe it wasn't bled correctly/fully the first time.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Mine pops sometimes too. Everything works fine, just when i let it all the way out, at the very end it like sticks or something and then pops a little. I have no idea why. There is a little switch behind the clutch, I am guessing it might be that, but I have no idea really

There are 2 switches activated by the clutch - the clutch interrupt switch (for the starter) and the clutch engagement switch (for the cruise control). Unless those are jamming the pedal, which is very unlikely, they won't cause any problems with the actual disengagement of the clutch.

I had the same popping/clicking problem. The dealer replaced the clutch at 24k...didn't work. After several more times in it was determined to be the pedla assembly. There was some sort of burr that was casuing the clutch pedal to click when I let it out.

Ask your dealer to look at that. it is an involved job...

Rehab is for quitters.

I have a 97 LGT 2.5 manual shift. every time I left the clutch all the way out I would hear a squeaking when I was idling almost like a belt was slipping but much quieter. I had the clutch replaced with a new clutch kit. After the replacement the clutch pedal was terrible. It had two dead spots. When you let the clutch peddle come up from the floor there would be two spots were it would stick/ have some reluctancy coming up, and then when you pass those "sticky" spots it would come all the way out. It did this for at least a year and now its finally better. Nice and smooth now after some wear, some added clutch fluid and around 5,000 miles or more.

So it may just need time to break in. Im not positive on the solution or what the problem is with this, I can only tell you what happend from expirience and take guesses about how it happend and why.

Archived