LegacyGT.com

Okay, so I dunno exactly how many O2 sensors there are under my car, but I know theres more than one so I don't know which one might be doing it.

A year ago I got the Borla Unequal length header installed with a custom exhaust. I love it, but it comes with its side effects, which I'm sure other people who have done this have experienced. But I periodically get a CEL and the annoying flashing Cruise Control light. It comes and goes as it pleases, sometimes weeks at a time. Whenever we check out whats causing it, the error code always goes back to the O2 sensor.

When I got the header installed, I remember them telling me they had to extend the length of one of the O2 sensors so it would fit on my header. I'm sure the ECU just loves that.

Anyways, my question is, who else has had this problem? And is there any way to fix it? What about a wide band O2 sensor or something, would that help? Or am I just gonna have to deal with this forever. Any help would be appreciated.

There are 2 and you are likely getting a code for the rear 02 sensor. Do a search on nasioc for "anti-fouler" Here is a start http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473769&highlight=spark+plug+anti-fouler (this is talking about a turbo, but the principle is the same). You can also use an electronic 02 sensor simulator, which are not very expensive.

A wideband won't do you any good. Check the code and make sure it is for the rear 02 sensor.

^^

It really doesn't matter, they are both exactly the same. But I got the Borla header.

By the way, I still havnt done the O2 sensor fix yet. I have the part to do it, just have been busy with other things like painting my wheels and calipers and installing this injen intake. It should all get done in the next couple days though. Hope this takes away that stupid CEL.

Archived