LegacyGT.com

rear strut removal

captainmorgan

Yeah. OTOH if one takes things apart often there is no time for them to rust (I lost count how many suspensions I had on my car). Since I am simmering down with mods this thread reminds me to anti-seize these bolts next time I'll be swapping suspension (means later this week :rolleyes:).

So the impact socket+breaker bar+lowering trick mentioned earlier by PGT did not work? I am surprised by this,at the least i would think this would twist the hex head portion of the bolt off.

Thats like saying the seized bolt can support the weight of that corner of the car.:eek:

I lowered it all the way. My 2ft snap on breaker bar was starting to bend, I didn't want it to break!

Never underestimate the power of rust!

Really strange. You should try some heat.

Perhaps - would the bolt be bent? Would take quite an impact to happen.

Just want to give a little update on this. I've tried everything I can think of, so I completely removed the rear arm and am taking it in to a machine shop to try and use a hydraulic press, if that doesnt work, machine the f-er out.

On a side note, Subaru never ceases to amaze me with the ease with which you can work on the vehicle. 4 bolts and an axle nut and the whole rear assembly comes out.

Archived