LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT Interior Trim Pieces

LGTVA76

Compared to a LGT LTD are all gray plastic trim pieces wood? Does anyone know the part numbers for them? I am not fond of the cheap looking gray interior trim pieces. Did they come in different colors like black? Would it be financially feasable to order all the interior trim pieces from a LTD to do a swap or just buy those sticky trims that come in carbon fiber, brushed aluminum, etc... thx

i wrapped mine in black comfort suede i found at joanns fabric. Don't have any pics, but it only cost me 10 bucks for 2 yards. I did the radio side pieces the center console around the heated seat controls and cup holders, and the door handles gives it kindofa mercedes feel.

I would like to see some pics of the fabric....thye faux wood is a bit too faux for my tastes.

I thought that for the longest time but for me its one of the things that make my car nicer than all my friends cars. Especially since people will just in your car be think, wow, this is nice, but then they feel the power and they say, wow this is fast. Its like the complete package in contrast to Carbon Fiber or just matching colors.

^ n00bs below this line

Thanks for the comments it was really simple to do and cheap when you get the fabric just make sure it's 2-way stretch or else you'll have your hands full wrapping around the curves.and that knob is the controller for the unit works just like the controls on an ipod. I went a little overboard and made a bracket to mount it so i don't mark up the console with tape.

Nice job on your suede trimming. I'm thinking about painting it. Has anyone of you guys used to build R/C models? Because they look thick and rich with clearcoating. Btw way, I have one problem I haven't fix. You know where the handle bar is on the door, the one closes to the dash. I think the previous guy tried to pry it or did something to it making the top part stick out. It won't seem to stick back in. Is it a permanent trim to the door panel? a clip on?

I didn't like the faux wood trim either. Painted some black, the small pieces on the doors I covered with black contact film. Since this pic I've also painted the chrome trim around the shifter black as well, came out pretty good.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/gmoreschi/SOU5i-LflGI/AAAAAAAABx0/rxMUelb_M3w/s800/014.JPG

I like it, it kinda gives it a SVX kinda feel. Might need to try it myself.

here's the only one i got...

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg188/stclark13/IMG_0323.jpg

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I noticed the photos with leather seats, are they all that? The cloth seats on my LGT feels the same way as it looks. My ass ain't happy, but people are saying that if you get leather you'll slip and slide when around hard turns. I can get my car upholstered for $800 which is dealer cost to do front and rear seats plus the door panel replacing the cloth material.

One question about the painted center console, from the looks of it in the photo your paintwork is pretty close to the color of the dash, is it? and if so is it just flat black? Has anyone heard of colorbond? where it requires no sanding and it's flexible so it won't flake, crack, or chip.

Thanks.

Leather isn't bad, if you're a bit wider like I am then the seat bolstering will not let you slide around.

I would prefer the Spec B Alcantara if I had a choice tho.

Ditto

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived