LegacyGT.com

Wrecked: need help

icrackedcorn

anybody know a good autoglass place? i posted the story over on pirates, heres the deal

I just took my legacy over a 7 inch concrete step at speed and im boned. I was out on a back road, it was pitch black, and the road suddenly went unpaved and immediately there was a concrete slab poured for the bridge. no signs, lots of code violations, no time for braking

i need the following for cheap/free asap so i can get to school. all my cash is spent from the tow, but i can get people paid back.

rims x 4 stock steelies are just fine, i just need SOMETHING as ive bent all of mine real good. ill even take non matching ones to get rolling again

?oil pan (maybe, i havent gotten under it yet

dash/airbags (anything. if you see one at a salvage yard or something, give me a call, or go ahead and get it and ill compensate for the effort)

styrafoam bumper crap (see above)

and if anyone knows any good cheap autoglass places, my wind sheild is spiderwebbed

any spare pop rivets and crap for remounting my bumper would also be appreciated

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

I dont own the car and the policy isnt mine.

IF a claim was filed, my dad's rates would be astronomical for quite a few years. It wouldnt be worth replacing a $5000 car if he will pay 10000 over the course of 5 years

The ball is in my court to get it on the road or wreck it and buy a beater

after I get some salvage quotes, Ill either be looking for wind shield replacement or a cheap car.

I just took my legacy over a 7 inch concrete step at speed and im boned. I was out on a back road, it was pitch black, and the road suddenly went unpaved and immediately there was a concrete slab poured for the bridge. no signs, lots of code violations, no time for braking

Well, to me if what you say is true you have a case that the city/county insurance will cover. When I was younger I had two different instances where I successfully had the city of Colorado Springs pay for damages to my car due to their negligence.

Just read this, and enthusiast is right, if it was in fact a 7" concrete step, ON the road, call your city/county officials, tell them what happened and file a claim. Be sure to go back out there and take pictures of the area in daylight. You can't have enough photos. This won't help you get to class immediately, but at least they will pay for the damages.

If their signing/striping was inadequate and the road was open, you'll have a case. I would find it hard to believe that an approach slab for a bridge was left blunt unless the bridge itself was closed and under construction. But if it in fact was, then give it a shot.

Where was this bridge you're talking about? I drive a ton of back roads in Parker heading to a buddy's house and don't want to find the same spot you just did.

I dont own the car and the policy isnt mine.

IF a claim was filed, my dad's rates would be astronomical for quite a few years. It wouldnt be worth replacing a $5000 car if he will pay 10000 over the course of 5 years

The ball is in my court to get it on the road or wreck it and buy a beater

after I get some salvage quotes, Ill either be looking for wind shield replacement or a cheap car.

Economics > you

File a claim because accidents happen and the insurance company works for you. Document the accident with photos. You'd better get those site photos soon so the situation doesn't change and you can't prove anything. When you have them prepared let me know and I'll get you in touch with the public works director of wherever this happened. Feel free to PM me but realize I don't access LegacyGT that often. Colin

my dad isnt having any of it.

back at the scene of the crime, a sign was present where the road met up with the existing road, not so much where i drove through the gate in the fence in a feild.

and it's a private road being developed. we will not be pursuing litigation with the developer.

What speed were you doing when you hit this piece of concrete, and why were you offroading ?

Seems to me like you just learned a very expensive lesson. Good luck.

i had a few of those when i was younger too. I would have to agree

i had a few of those when i was younger too. I would have to agree

Yeah, more than half a lifetime ago, I rear ended a car with my dad's mustang pace car. It will pass. I learned to be more aware of the situation around me whenever I drive aggressively.

well, my dad saw it in person for the first time today and surmised the following:

-it was on a private road

-i should have stopped or slowed at various parts of the road

therefore, i should have been able to see ahead of my lights and slowed down in time

there could be a shaky case, but it was my fault and not the construction company and suing would be chicken s-.

thanks for the advice and offers. ive got it running and rolling (thanks to the locals) but it's hosed up front. Ill be parting it out and salvaging it this time next week. If anyone needs BD stuff, get it before it's gone.

the ej22 (and the car) has 89xxx mi. the engine is strong and well kept. HG is new-ish and this thing has another left 100k in it.

be on the lookout for the thread in for-sale, as many items (engine, big stuff, racing bucket) will be local pickup only.

thanks again guys

Civil (water resources) engineer here in Denver

I would like to chat with you sometime. I work for a company that does a lot of material handling products for wastewater applications and often work with engineering companies on projects. Currently building some submerged drag conveyors for an outfit in Utah as well.

I would like to chat with you sometime. I work for a company that does a lot of material handling products for wastewater applications and often work with engineering companies on projects. Currently building some submerged drag conveyors for an outfit in Utah as well.

Sorry Brady, thats not my line of work.

Man driving recklessly at night on a deserted road..that brings back memories. Worst incident I remember was scaring a cute girl or two. Bummer man.

Archived