LegacyGT.com

Synapse Synchronic BOV Installed

08 stock intercooler and all the LGT intercooler flangers are in fact the same. Except for engines equipped with Sti engines, the Sti intercooler has a different flange. But im going to take a wild guess and say that the reason it doesnt fit is becuase of its size, and the availability of space under the hood. But thats just my guess. My Make-shit FMIC barly allows for the stock BPV. Its very very close. Thats just my 2cents.

thats my guess because the synchronics are huge but work amazingly... i installed one on a MS3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
08 stock intercooler and all the LGT intercooler flangers are in fact the same. Except for engines equipped with Sti engines, the Sti intercooler has a different flange. But im going to take a wild guess and say that the reason it doesnt fit is becuase of its size, and the availability of space under the hood. But thats just my guess. My Make-shit FMIC barly allows for the stock BPV. Its very very close. Thats just my 2cents.

i think it was just a wrx not an sti. i could be wrong. i know there is tight spaces under the hood.

• 1 month later...
You need to get this one with the proper adaptor flange for your year etc... (should be the same as the 2008 wrx and possibly later years as well), also the anti-stall kit. Keep in mind that you'll be running the Cat really hot if you don't give it a break and non stop juice it. Good luck. Let us know how it went.

I just bought a Blitz DD bov. I heard that even though its 100% atmospheric, it runs fine. In the synchronic bov video, you said that the anti-stall kit basically turned it into a dual valve bov, which i think the Blitz DD is. Do you guys think i'll have any problems other than running rich in between shifts?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I emailed them and haven't heard from them.

I called them up but the person who answered the phone had no idea what I was talking about.

Asked him if he can measure the length and the width of the diamond looking flange and there was a huge pause........

I was hoping to at least get some dimension so I can take a shot at that kit but..... not spending close to $300 without confirming fitment.

• 4 months later...

I gave up on them since they really can't communicate well.

I went with the Perrin Full Recirc BPV.

It's an OK BPV but I realized there was some small things not too good about this one also.

They state that they will not leak.

And I am sure that it does not leak from the charge pipe to the return line.

However, it leaks from the adjustable cap they have on the top where the vacuum line nipple is.

I had to do an extensive boost leak this weekend and found out that it was leaking pretty good from the cap.

I twisted it all the way tight but then the compressor surge gets really loud.

I backed it out a little so that the surge is not that audible anymore.

Man, only if Synchroic BOV has a flange for the LGT, I would buy it in a heart beat.

I gave up on them since they really can't communicate well.

I went with the Perrin Full Recirc BPV.

It's an OK BPV but I realized there was some small things not too good about this one also.

They state that they will not leak.

And I am sure that it does not leak from the charge pipe to the return line.

However, it leaks from the adjustable cap they have on the top where the vacuum line nipple is.

I had to do an extensive boost leak this weekend and found out that it was leaking pretty good from the cap.

I twisted it all the way tight but then the compressor surge gets really loud.

I backed it out a little so that the surge is not that audible anymore.

Man, only if Synchroic BOV has a flange for the LGT, I would buy it in a heart beat.

if they sell a flange for the newer wrx it will work on ours or you can get a mazdaspeed flange, same as ours as well. (see link)

maybe youll see a bov youll like in there :confused:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.streetunit.com/v/vspfiles/photos/ATP-MS6-003-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.streetunit.com/Mazda_CX7_s/214.htm&usg=__piAY4EsA24S-yJBu7uNAfqb98xM=&h=70&w=100&sz=3&hl=en&start=57&um=1&tbnid=SvhNYLH3jD87UM:&tbnh=57&tbnw=82&prev=/images%3Fq%3DATP%2BBOV%2Badapter%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4SUNA_enUS242US242%26sa%3DN%26start%3D40%26um%3D1

wow, thanks!

I don't have money to dish out on another one but if this one fails, I am sure that I will get the synchroic one and get it over with!

Thanks for the link, I didn't know that the MazdaSpeed ones fit.

You are talking about MazdaSpeed 3 correct?

wow, thanks!

I don't have money to dish out on another one but if this one fails, I am sure that I will get the synchroic one and get it over with!

Thanks for the link, I didn't know that the MazdaSpeed ones fit.

You are talking about MazdaSpeed 3 correct?

Hey this is Devin over at Synapse.

If you have any questions or need measurements please feel free to give me a call at 858 457 1700

Im not positive on fitament on the legacy because we havent had one in our shop yet but if its the same as the mazdaspeed then great.

the mazdaspeed flange is 4.125in long and 2in wide.

if there is anything else let me know :cool:

I emailed them and haven't heard from them.

I called them up but the person who answered the phone had no idea what I was talking about.

Asked him if he can measure the length and the width of the diamond looking flange and there was a huge pause........

I was hoping to at least get some dimension so I can take a shot at that kit but..... not spending close to $300 without confirming fitment.

What you had experienced was not a measurement of our company's business practice. We apologize to those whom have experienced similar with this ex-employee. We pride ourselves with the technological advance products, our warranty and customer service. We do not and will not employ anyone of such magnitude again, and that is a promise to you and the community. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived